PDA

View Full Version : New Tweeters?

SuBXeRo
04-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Ok my deal is that, i have a bose system, and the bass is too overpowering sometimes and you cant hear the words. i was planning on putting in a new speaker system, but instead i invested in Type R subs. most of you will say why didnt u do speakers first well, i have along list of reasons, so thats besides the point. Would new tweeters help? and are they compatible with the bose system

pavengmike6
04-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Well if you are not getting the Mids and Highs you want you can do a few things. Turn down the amp. Turn down the bass on your HU. Get a new set of Component speakers.

If you only buy the tweets you will not be happy. You need a combination of mids and highs to get what I think you are after. The tweets are only going to give you the extreme highs, and not a lot of voice. The mids are what gives you more voice.

your amp does not care what brand of speakers it is pushing it only cares about the Ohm load of the speaker. Find out if you have 4 Ohm, 2 Ohm, 6 Ohm or 8Ohm Speakers. I would think they would be 4 or 8.

The next thing is you said the bass is too much, but you went and got another sub??????? That does not make sense to me.

SuBXeRo
04-26-2004, 04:11 PM
bose runs everything exclusively on 1 ohm, this is my prob. i was going to buy alpine components and alpine 6x9's. but thats alot of money i dont have. mabye its just the subs i have now they arent clear i dont know. bose no highs no lows only mid ranger pectness lol