PDA

View Full Version : hu will not store settings

Boomsday
04-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Hey just curious If anybody has had this problem, I have installed tons of hu's. For some reason when I cut the car off the hu will loose all of its settings, I have everything ran as it should pulled the hu put it on my test bench and it worked as it should just in the car it does not

NIHL8ION
04-24-2013, 01:47 AM
What year / make / model car?

Boomsday
04-24-2013, 01:51 AM
1988 olds cutlass supreme special

NIHL8ION
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
I had an old G Body Pontiac GP that had this same issue (same car pretty much)... It wound up being that the harness didn't have a constant 12v power wire when I tested my harness even though the wire was there for it... The stock radio had no need for memory so it was all wired through the ignition side (GM brain fart I'm sure)... I would of course check the fuse to make sure it's not blown, but if not what I ended up doing was tapping into the analog clock in the dash for constant power to the radio, or you could just run a wire to the fuse panel if there's no clock in the dash...

Loudmp5
04-24-2013, 02:09 AM
I had an old G Body Pontiac GP that had this same issue (same car pretty much)... It wound up being that the harness didn't have a constant 12v power wire when I tested my harness even though the wire was there for it... The stock radio had no need for memory so it was all wired through the ignition side (GM brain fart I'm sure)... I would of course check the fuse to make sure it's not blown, but if not what I ended up doing was tapping into the analog clock in the dash for constant power to the radio, or you could just run a wire to the fuse panel if there's no clock in the dash...

exactly what i was going to say lol

maylar
04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
My 85 Olds is the same way. I wired the constant power HU wire through a 1 amp fuse to the fuse box on the firewall.

gumby688
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
1984 Olds Delta 88 and same here had to run a tap off the cig lighter fuse for the yellow constant power wire of deck.