PDA

View Full Version : tuning box for to lower hz or trade for new sub?

Darian Key
04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Im getting a new car most likely some kind of extended cab pickup so I will be rebuilding my box for the AQ hdc312. I know the FS on these subs are like 41 hz so im not going to be able to get much more low end out of it but do you think tuning it from 37 hz to 33 hz will make a difference when I rebuild the box? I love playing lows all day so if im not going to see a big improvement does anyone want to trade my sub for one with a lower FS but can handle the same amount of power? If so tell me what you got. my box now is 2.5 cubes tuned to 37 Hz (almost positive) and around 40 sq^in of port space.

Deusle
04-23-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so an admin might move it for you.
Anyway, just because the FS on your sub is 41hz doesn't necessarily mean it won't play well in a lower tuned box.
It all depends on the install..
Lower bass tones (33ish hz and below) draw more current & will require further electrical upgrades.
If you need help with box designs just shoot me a PM..

mlstrass
04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
FS for AQ subs is out of the box, FS will drop as the suspension loosens up.

How low do you play? I normally tune 35-38Hz and guys play down to the upper 20's with no issues. You could always shrink port a little to lower tuning...

hispls
04-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Lower bass tones (33ish hz and below) draw more current & will require further electrical upgrades.

Really? Care to show us the math proving that?

Darian Key
04-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I need to rebuild the box regardless because ill be getting a truck soon. I noticed a little improvement on lows when its tuned at 37 now but I want lower like 33 or 32 something like that. I had it on 700 watts for about 3 weeks then moved onto 1700 for 2 months and I had it bumpin everyday so its close to broken in if not broken in yet.