PDA

View Full Version : big sealed box for cvr?

faeezhio
04-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Hey guys,so I was on google checking out what they say about 10cvr124 specs.....they reckon that it works best in sealed boxes....but geeewwwiizzz it needs a big box.....no wonder most kickers in prefab boxes sounds like ear wax!!!!!.....but is it true? I'm mixed up between having a custom ported box made for it or just one huge a$$ big box made for it....I'm a noob.....and give honest opinions....btw are cadence subs any good? Their stuff are dirt cheap here in south africa....and do you guys know much about ice power and targa equipment?

winkychevelle
04-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Yes the kicker 10s need 1cube sealed and the 12s 1.5cubes. Ported really is only a little bigger add a half a cubes to each volume size and then as the port and you box isn't much bigger for ported.

Honestly I don't like the cvr line or the l3,l5,l7 but the cvx, solo classic, comp, and solo x are decent subs that can sound ok if done right.

My comp tens where judged to sound better than 12other systems among my peer group solely because I put them in the correct sealed enclosure for my application. We're they the loudest no not by far but they did sound good while getting decently loud. All considering I paid 75bucks for two 10s that were only bought to hold my over till my bigger system came in

faeezhio
04-23-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm thinking of throwing the cvr in a 3cu sealed box.....I dnt care much about spl....just want it to get a bit low....

DoesDad
04-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Why not just go ported? Throw it in a good 1.5 cubes and tune it low. Around 28-32 for the low lows.. I don't know if it'll hit it but 3 cubes for a CVR 10 is a bit much.

Lowflyin
04-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Cvrs like big ported boxes from my expierience. 2 CVR 15s in 10.2 cuft slammed for a budget set up I had.

fasfocus00
04-23-2013, 10:41 AM
every decent sounding kicker sub enclosure I've built has been on the larger side. it's always been near the maximum recommended enclosure size.

winkychevelle
04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
3 cubes sealed is a little large I would stick to 2 cubes max but port 2.5-3cubes should be fine tuned low