PDA

View Full Version : I've got my blueprints from PWK designs for a single 12" enclosure (Sundown X Series)

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 12:38 AM
I've got my blueprints from PWK designs for a single 12" enclosure
(Anticipation of Sundown X Series 12" D2)

I know of many good builders out there but most are far away from me & I really don't want to drop an arm, leg, & my left nut on shipping :suicide: Looking for anyone closer to my location (Chicagoland-IL)

I would just build this myself, but All of my equipment is in storage until I close on my new home after my short term lease runs out next month & the tools I have within my reach through buddies are mediocre at best :crap:

Just seeing who is out there and what kind of prices, thank you in advance :D

9515ROB
04-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Jeremy weber is about 2 hours away from you up in WI and he does a hell of a job. There is alot of people from chicago that build to. I would go to csco and get on the team doa page and see if anything will build it for you

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Jeremy weber is about 2 hours away from you up in WI and he does a hell of a job. There is alot of people from chicago that build to. I would go to csco and get on the team doa page and see if anything will build it for you

TY, much appreciated... I am just looking for peeps who have 1st hand knowledge of GOOD builders if in my direct area as most of the sound shops around here are a fkn joke and have already burned there bridges with me so I just flat out don't give any the chance anymore... I do better work than most of the shops that are really close by to where I live and they are outrageously overpriced :furious:

9515ROB
04-23-2013, 12:53 AM
yeah id try the doa guys first

mlstrass
04-23-2013, 04:13 AM
I'm sure I can do it. Shoot me a PM to discuss. I'm up by Six Flags...

40oz
04-23-2013, 04:35 AM
How much did it cost you for the design?

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm sure I can do it. Shoot me a PM to discuss. I'm up by Six Flags...
PM'd

How much did it cost you for the design?
Blueprints + Rush Status & Graph Pack = $64.95

Moler1129
04-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey I can get cheap shipping labels... Go with my boy dbeez; he does some amazing boxes! Hit him up

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Hey I can get cheap shipping labels... Go with my boy dbeez; he does some amazing boxes! Hit him up

Thanks I'll shoot him a pm too :cool: I'm obviously not in a total rush to get this done (Won't have sub until june/july) but I want to have it all ready to go ahead of time... Just shopping around for the best quality possible at a reasonable price :D

Moler1129
04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks I'll shoot him a pm too :cool: I'm obviously not in a total rush to get this done (Won't have sub until june/july) but I want to have it all ready to go ahead of time... Just shopping around for the best quality possible at a reasonable price :D

No doubt that dbeez; will get it done right the first time. He makes some killer boxes.. Does some insane installs also! Hit him up!

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
PM's sent, still looking to hear from someone on this... Thanks:cool:

9515ROB
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
go with mlstrass

J31Rob
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
go with mlstrass

This.

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Cool, thx guys, I dropped him A PM, so hopefully he will hit me back up :cool:

gckless
04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
It costed you $65 for a box design?!?! :wow:

Did you hit up double 07 yet?

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
It costed you $65 for a box design?!?! :wow:

Did you hit up double 07 yet?

I didn't mind dropping the $65 because the box is NOT JUST designed for my sub, but for my specific vehicle and listening point from the driver's seat headrest... I can design enclosures as well, but I'm getting a bada$$ sub and I want to get the very MOST I possibly can out of it in my vehicle... & yeah I PM'd double07 as well about the build, still waiting to hear back...

Boomsday
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
I didn't mind dropping the $65 because the box is NOT JUST designed for my sub, but for my specific vehicle and listening point from the driver's seat headrest... I can design enclosures as well, but I'm getting a bada$$ sub and I want to get the very MOST I possibly can out of it in my vehicle... & yeah I PM'd double07 as well about the build, still waiting to hear back...

I remember a while ago he was selling the same designs to alot of ppl and claming that they where vehicle specific..

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 02:07 PM
I remember a while ago he was selling the same designs to alot of ppl and claming that they where vehicle specific..

IDK, maybe I've been had then :pissed: I could see enclosures being the same in similar vehicles though... to a point :confused:

Boomsday
04-23-2013, 06:25 PM
IDK, maybe I've been had then :pissed: I could see enclosures being the same in similar vehicles though... to a point :confused:

Nah like there was a guy that posted a design and another guy was like how did u get my design and it was exactly the same and they both paid for them etc

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Nah like there was a guy that posted a design and another guy was like how did u get my design and it was exactly the same and they both paid for them etc

Figures :wallbash: I should have just designed it per. the sub specs myself, I'm guessing I'd get the same result in the end... SMH

Boomsday
04-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Figures :wallbash: I should have just designed it per. the sub specs myself, I'm guessing I'd get the same result in the end... SMH

Nah u paid for it so I would still use it of course, but just know he has done some shady ish in the past

NIHL8ION
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Nah u paid for it so I would still use it of course, but just know he has done some shady ish in the past

Well ya live & ya learn... Oh I WILL still use it since I paid 4 it lol... But I'm now wishing I didn't :( After further investigation I have heard the same from others as well, so This dude is defo scamming for ca$h under the false pretense of providing "Vehicle Specific" enclosures :pissed: I'm half tempted to retract my paypal payment now... Thx 4 the heads up, PWK will certainly NOT be getting any recommendations or referrals from me!

mlstrass
04-24-2013, 08:55 AM
He does use some fancy program to design them, but I've seen several boxes have issues. They were AQ/DD subs and unloaded bad on low power.

I did a dual 8" DD PWK box a few summers ago and it worked out fine. Guess it's hit or miss...

vetkilr
04-24-2013, 07:36 PM
PWK designs

I am suprised he is still in buisness...the box I had designed and then built by Fisher Customs was absolutely terrible. I could have been louder if I put my subs in a sealed box. One of the Biggest car audio mistakes I have ever made.

NIHL8ION
04-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Thx for your input guys, I learn from my mistakes in life so it's no biggie 2 me... I'll get this all sorted and bangin' one way or another :cool: