PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer deh-80prs network setting trouble

88k5chevy
04-21-2013, 02:35 AM
I just bought and installed the deh-80prs in my 1988 k5 blazer yesterday but I'm having problems with the network mode. Standard mode works fine for my rear and front speakers and that's what I left it set on bc when I switch it to network mode an press the reset button to switch it only my front speakers and subs work. I don't have an amp on my mids and highs, just on my subs. Does anyone know why my rear speakers won't work in network mode but will in standard? Do I have to have all of my speakers ran to the front wire to use this mode or is this mode specifically for people running an external amp to the mids an highs? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's confusing why standard mode works fine but the network mode that I wanna use doesn't work with my rear speakers

mlstrass
04-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Network mode: Front RCA's are for mids (you can set a bandpass xover) , Rear RCA's are for tweets.

Do you have any idea how network mode works????

88k5chevy
04-21-2013, 02:50 AM
To be honest I don't really understand how it works. I know that it has a lot more detailed crossover settings and everyone says I need to use that mode for better performance. I'm just trying to understand now what the difference is in wiring it up for standard mode vs network mode so I can change it over to network. I have 6 alpine 3 way speakers that I have it hooked too. They have built in tweeters so I might not be able to run network mode with that if my tweeters aren't separate. I might have to stick with standard?

Popwarhomie
04-21-2013, 02:59 AM
I have 6 alpine 3 way speakers that I have it hooked too. They have built in tweeters so I might not be able to run network mode with that if my tweeters aren't separate. I might have to stick with standard?
:suicide:

88k5chevy
04-21-2013, 03:01 AM
Haha

mlstrass
04-21-2013, 03:18 AM
yes, network is for running active, meaning separate mids and tweets...