PDA

View Full Version : 45's in an aero port enclosure?

AndrewHD
04-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Some people say this is bad. Any reasoning behind it?

Ronny
04-18-2013, 06:34 PM
I can't see any reasons that would be detrimental to an enclosure's performance all too much. A while ago in any aeroport enclosure of mine, the only corner(s) that I would place a 45 in would be any seam that could be utilized to help "direct" rear waves.
Really, 45s aren't too big of a deal in performance (so often are they detrimental in all enclosure types, sometimes they help just fine too), or necessarily directing the rear wave. I've had them make a world of difference, no difference, and decrease SPL scores dramatically before.
However, what they are good for though is in regards to reinforcement; or essentially bracing while sealing corners/seams of enclosures if you want them to. A lot of times I simply make "45s," but either as perfect triangles or a tad larger, only to reinforce and seal the seams. Though mine never leak :D
Hehe :p IMO stuffing the corners essentially just to thwart off any turbulence should suffice, and it will make for 3X+ the surface area of glue joint(s) in a seam as such. And the small triangles take up minuscule amounts of volume in the enclosure.