PDA

View Full Version : iPod Music Videos won't work!

s3th
04-15-2013, 06:21 AM
I have the Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD, I have a recently bought 7th Gen iPod Nano. My music and playlists pop up just like normal if I add them. But for some **** reason no video that I put on the iPod even shows up anywhere on the video side of the h/u. I went through playlists, home videos, music videos, etc, etc... and nothing. I tried converting xvid/divx to the iPod format no luck, I've tried converting several formats to the iPod compatible mp4 with no luck. If I do "App" mode on my h/u I select the video it plays on the ipod but then theirs no video playback on the h/u just sound. Then when I switch back to regular mode mid video, it keeps playing audio still and shows the artist/song name. But still no video...

Anyone have any idea what the heck is wrong, I'm very frustrated going on 5 hours now with 0 luck. I've herd something about a cable thats like the ipod charger side to a usb with a little 3.5mm jack spliced in, but I don't see how that would make a difference. The CD-IU50V is what it's called, that ones for the older ipod models. The new ipod has the differenct style small charging cable now instead of the old 30-pin charger.

HELP

trumpet
04-15-2013, 04:08 PM
You have to have a video adapter from Pioneer, and since they don't list one on their web site you're SOL. Time to sell the P2300DVD and get a newer head unit.