PDA

View Full Version : good head unit suggestions?

garretttt4
04-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Alright since I dont have any really nice head units, imma sell them all here in a few weeks and gunna buy a new one. Looked around a bit and I want one with a screen that plays movies like music videos and maybe DVDs but it needs to have buttons along with it. Not just all touch screen. Just going in a cheap little daily driver so don't wanna spend more than about 300$. Here's one kinda like what I want but obviously not any crap brands. Want to have USB and aux inputs. And obviously decent outputs for subs.

Power Acoustik PD-344 Car Stereo Receiver w/ 3.4" LCD Screen, USB (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67844_Power-Acoustik-PD-344.html)

garretttt4
04-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Anyone?

mylows10
04-14-2013, 01:39 PM
hello !! :slap:

garretttt4
04-14-2013, 07:25 PM
No suggestions?

americannight
04-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Tough to find what you want in that price range. I really dig my Kenwood X994 deck but it doesn't do DVD. If you're willing to give up that feature, give it a look. USB and Aux in, check. More than a decent sub out. Has front/rear/sub pre-outs with electronic crossover on each you can set the cutoff frequency and slope. Sub out lets you adjust the gain on the fly so it's like having a built in bass knob on the deck. Digital timing adjustments really help dial in the sound with speaker placement what they are in vehicles. Lots of color adjustments makes it easy to integrate into the factory color scheme. This is a bit older model now, got mine 2yrs ago but they are still around if you look. The X996 is the newer replacement for this model.

garretttt4
04-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Tough to find what you want in that price range. I really dig my Kenwood X994 deck but it doesn't do DVD. If you're willing to give up that feature, give it a look. USB and Aux in, check. More than a decent sub out. Has front/rear/sub pre-outs with electronic crossover on each you can set the cutoff frequency and slope. Sub out lets you adjust the gain on the fly so it's like having a built in bass knob on the deck. Digital timing adjustments really help dial in the sound with speaker placement what they are in vehicles. Lots of color adjustments makes it easy to integrate into the factory color scheme. This is a bit older model now, got mine 2yrs ago but they are still around if you look. The X996 is the newer replacement for this model.

Thanks for your help bro! And you said yours doesn't play DVD but does it still play videos if its from USB or anything?

Rockguy475
04-15-2013, 03:48 AM
My HU goes for right at 300 on Sonixelectronix..... can prob get it cheaper on amazon but sonic will do free shipping and give a big discount on the wire harness. pretty sure they throw in the antenna and dash kit for free. Anyways my HU does everything ur lookin for with the touchscreen plus buttons. Has built in bluetooth and a usb and aux port. Go online and look at the customer reviews they are pretty good and i love it... its my first double din unit. Anyways the unit i have is in my sig

Popwarhomie
04-15-2013, 03:54 AM
I sold my Pioneer 1400 double din for $140 last week and bought an 80prs.

DD got boring. I never watched DVDs like I thought I would.

americannight
04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
I was looking at that 80prs and it is a really sweet unit. If I didn't have the Kenwood already, I would definitely consider that one.

Garrett, no the Kenwood X994/X996 line does not play videos. It's strictly an audio only unit for playback. Here are the formats it will play via usb. This is from the owners manual:

USB Interface
USB Standard
: USB1.1/ 2.0 (Full speed)
Maximum Supply current
: 500 mA
File System
: FAT16/ 32
MP3 decode
: Compliant with MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer-3
WMA decode
: Compliant with Windows Media Audio
AAC decode