PDA

View Full Version : Toyota sequoia build

4bannger
04-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Just got myself an SUV, the gas milage ***** but I can do a much better build.

Equipment

Amp
X2 kenwood kdc 1k watts
Undecided 4 channel amp for highs and Mids (will upgrade if bass if over powering them)

Power
Upgraded battery
Capacitor (because I'm too cheap for a better alt)

Wiring
4 or 1 aug power wire undecided brand

Subs:
X4 12" subs (probably going to buy the 8 pack deal of dad subs and split them with a buddy)

Highs and Mids
Currently using the previously upgraded kicker door speakers

Just a quick picture of the vehicle
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/jp123654/7F2F6F3B-4DDF-49E9-95EB-845EF3096A96-796-0000022B8252E910_zps154932f5.jpg

Sleeklsc
04-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Just got myself an SUV, the gas milage ***** but I can do a much better build.

Equipment

Amp
X2 kenwood kdc 1k watts
Undecided 4 channel amp for highs and Mids (will upgrade if bass if over powering them)

Power
Upgraded battery
Capacitor (because I'm too cheap for a better alt)

Wiring
4 or 1 aug power wire undecided brand

Subs:
X4 12" subs (probably going to buy the 8 pack deal of dad subs and split them with a buddy)

Highs and Mids
Currently using the previously upgraded kicker door speakers

Just a quick picture of the vehicle
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/jp123654/7F2F6F3B-4DDF-49E9-95EB-845EF3096A96-796-0000022B8252E910_zps154932f5.jpg

Looks like you have a lot to figure out. I WILL help you and say that you shouldn't use a "Cap". Use the search function if you need to know why.

4bannger
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Yeah I have a lot to figure out. I'm currently running my set up from my old truck in it which is a 1k watt kenwood amp and two shallow mount rockford 10's. I wanna stick with getting another of the same amps because I really like this one.

What are all of your opinions on the 12" dad amh subs with 400w peak and 200w rms. I will say I'm not looking for anything that's competition or anything that will shatter my windshield. Just want some good bang for my buck bump and do some flexin although I wouldn't mind that.

4bannger
04-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Also I know caps arnt always the best and sometimes useless but ill ask for all your opinions again. Would I need a upgraded alt having two 1k watt kdc kenwood amps?

Sleeklsc
04-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah I have a lot to figure out. I'm currently running my set up from my old truck in it which is a 1k watt kenwood amp and two shallow mount rockford 10's. I wanna stick with getting another of the same amps because I really like this one.

What are all of your opinions on the 12" dad amh subs with 400w peak and 200w rms. I will say I'm not looking for anything that's competition or anything that will shatter my windshield. Just want some good bang for my buck bump and do some flexin although I wouldn't mind that.

Budget for subs?

Are you going to build your own box?

Model number on the Kenwwod amp?

Also I know caps arnt always the best and sometimes useless but ill ask for all your opinions again. Would I need a upgraded alt having two 1k watt kdc kenwood amps?

Are those 1000 max watts or rms?

Edit: Is it this one?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_24143_Kenwood_KAC-8105D.aspx

4bannger
04-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Here are the subs I want Definitive Audio Designs - DAD-AMH 12" 8 pack (http://showtimecaraudio.net/shop/12/dad-amh12-8pack/) I'm gonna split the cost with my buddy and he will use 4 and so will I. Not much or a much persay but I want something that will sound good loud but not expect anything to shatter my window. If I were to give a dollar amount I would say about $350 at the very most

Sleeklsc
04-14-2013, 03:25 AM
So is the amp I linked to the one you own?

4bannger
04-14-2013, 08:50 AM
So is the amp I linked to the one you own?

Yes that's the amp. I've been looking online for different stuff but not quite sure where to start

kmanian
04-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Get a good AGM battery to replace the one up front, then get a smaller AGM to go in the back within a couple feet of the amps. Run all 0ga wire, do the big 3 and you have absolutely no reason to get an alt. In all honesty with those amps you really can get by with just the battery up front and good wire. If I were doing this build, I would use the money you are spending on these Kenwoods that will give you ~750w total, and get a good used SAZ 1500d, which will walk all over the 2 Kenwoods for the same money.

Sleeklsc
04-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Yes that's the amp. I've been looking online for different stuff but not quite sure where to start

Don't get the dads as they're 4 ohm dvc and will wire down to 1 ohm. Look for 2ohm dvc's (2 subs per amp) so that you can fully utilize the amps power.

Get a good AGM battery to replace the one up front, then get a smaller AGM to go in the back within a couple feet of the amps. Run all 0ga wire, do the big 3 and you have absolutely no reason to get an alt. In all honesty with those amps you really can get by with just the battery up front and good wire. If I were doing this build, I would use the money you are spending on these Kenwoods that will give you ~750w total, and get a good used SAZ 1500d, which will walk all over the 2 Kenwoods for the same money.

For under 1000rms i'd suggest installing it and see where he's at. You MIGHT need a better battery up front OR perhaps the big 3 down the road. In this case i'd just wait to see how the vehicle is handling the power demand.

4bannger
04-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Don't get the dads as they're 4 ohm dvc and will wire down to 1 ohm. Look for 2ohm dvc's (2 subs per amp) so that you can fully utilize the amps power.

For under 1000rms i'd suggest installing it and see where he's at. You MIGHT need a better battery up front OR perhaps the big 3 down the road. In this case i'd just wait to see how the vehicle is handling the power demand.

As reply to getting a new amp I do like that idea but I already have one from my previous build. And I hate selling electronics cause you never get what you paid for them. Well if anything I can just install my current set up in my girls car.

Aside from getting a used amp which I don't really wanna do what would be the best one to get for a budget minded build. That would handle 4 budget minded 12" subs

@caprise I didn't even notice the ohm load till you said something yeah DVC 2 ohm would be much better. Any suggestions on brands with budget in mind. I wanna try something new but would hate to drop money and realize it was a bad buy.

4bannger
04-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Just wanted your opinions. In my area a lot of people are selling the 12" kicker cvr's and there's a few people selling the kicker zx 1250 watt amps. I know I said I wanted to buy something not so main stream as far as brands go. But if I were to buy four kicker cvr 12" subs and one maybe two of thoses kicker zx 1250watt amps how would good would that set up be. I could prob get the four subs and the two amps for under $800

kmanian
04-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Get a couple good subs rather than more crappy ones, eg. 2 sa 12 or 15" in a big box with a real 1200-1500w to them, you would get more out of less. I will tell you that a good single big sub, Sundown SA, Fi BL would blow your mind on 1000w in the right box. You could get a good sub and amp for $500 or so.

Ronny
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Just wanted your opinions. In my area a lot of people are selling the 12" kicker cvr's and there's a few people selling the kicker zx 1250 watt amps. I know I said I wanted to buy something not so main stream as far as brands go. But if I were to buy four kicker cvr 12" subs and one maybe two of thoses kicker zx 1250watt amps how would good would that set up be. I could prob get the four subs and the two amps for under $800

The amplifiers are great. Nothing wrong with them, however, just one of them on a pair of those woofers would be getting close to over-driving them. If I were you, I'd grab one of those local Kicker amplifiers, and a pair of Sundown Audio SA-12s, or Obsidian Audio 12" woofers. Or, a single ****** driver, like a killer 12" or 15" would be more than you'd imagine. But, TBH, as another thing to keep in mind, four 12" woofers, in a proper ported enclosure and a pair of 15" woofers in a proper ported enclosure, are going to be near the same size. If you were looking at spending $800, then grab a pair of decent woofers or a single ****** woofer. And run one of those local Kicker amplifiers and see where you are. If you want more (you probably will at some point if you're like us :D) then a good battery up front and in the back with good cabling along with the Big 3 being done would be a good idea, and you could run a pair of amplifiers for 2.5kW on some different woofers, or obtaining another pair. Always keep in mind that amplifiers must be at or above a certain impedance when wired up to driver(s). How much space do you want to take up? Because a single killer driver or pair of smaller drivers might be a better idea than or over others. What battery are you running up front now BTW? Sorry this post might be all over the place, LOL, I'm in a huge rush ATM and will clear things up or answer any questions you have tonight or tomorrow when getting a chance. There are tons of knowledgeable members on here though :)

4bannger
04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
The amplifiers are great. Nothing wrong with them, however, just one of them on a pair of those woofers would be getting close to over-driving them. If I were you, I'd grab one of those local Kicker amplifiers, and a pair of Sundown Audio SA-12s, or Obsidian Audio 12" woofers. Or, a single ****** driver, like a killer 12" or 15" would be more than you'd imagine. But, TBH, as another thing to keep in mind, four 12" woofers, in a proper ported enclosure and a pair of 15" woofers in a proper ported enclosure, are going to be near the same size. If you were looking at spending $800, then grab a pair of decent woofers or a single ****** woofer. And run one of those local Kicker amplifiers and see where you are. If you want more (you probably will at some point if you're like us :D) then a good battery up front and in the back with good cabling along with the Big 3 being done would be a good idea, and you could run a pair of amplifiers for 2.5kW on some different woofers, or obtaining another pair. Always keep in mind that amplifiers must be at or above a certain impedance when wired up to driver(s). How much space do you want to take up? Because a single killer driver or pair of smaller drivers might be a better idea than or over others. What battery are you running up front now BTW? Sorry this post might be all over the place, LOL, I'm in a huge rush ATM and will clear things up or answer any questions you have tonight or tomorrow when getting a chance. There are tons of knowledgeable members on here though :)

That's that's a good point both of you made. Keep the info coming guys. As I'm a little noobie with what is good and what's "not". If seen a few people using those hifonics amps on the forum. Are thoses any good? Or is that just a budget minded amp; which is what I'm going for

4bannger
04-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Here some more pics of my current set up. Nothing special but its what I had. Used wire loom to keep at the runs neat and the amp is hidden in what I think was a little cargo pocket. http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/jp123654/408A4AD7-7E35-4787-82C5-2DCB81879140-958-0000015C8EF4A812_zps65d3b630.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/jp123654/31A5DA4B-BE0D-4F65-B09E-3A57AF90EC37-958-0000015C84578755_zps5698d61a.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/jp123654/823DD7A7-7E66-410A-A154-DDE9639A5331-958-0000015C7DDF71DE_zpsb24aa424.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/jp123654/EC439069-54C5-4E53-9ACA-56902F79D704-958-0000015C77617915_zpsa1ec40a6.jpg

*hopefully today ill get my tsunami component battery terminals on and soon to run some 1 or 0 aug wire for power. "Too bad I just ran new 4 aug not even three months ago"