PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting right stereo.

FortLauderdale
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
I have a 2010 ford f150 fx2 with Sony audio and I would like to get a new stereo to replace the factory one. I have a few questions though. Is there a way I could keep where it tells me what temperature and direction I am driving in? Can I still control the radio with my steering wheel? What stereo do you suggest I get? I have a budget around $250.00. Thanks.

trumpet
04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
There's a Metra harness that will get you the steering wheel controls and retain the temperature and compass display. That display will no longer show the radio station info. What features do you want from the radio that you aren't getting with the Sony system? I can assure you $250 is not going to get you very far. It will cover the radio harness and leave you with enough to get a cheap single DIN radio that's no better than the Sony radio.

FortLauderdale
04-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. Can you post a link to that metra harness? The reason I want to switch it out is because I have been having problems with the sync. I try to plug my phone into the USB to play music but it won't play and whenever it's not plugged in the radio displays "sync line in" thinking it is plugged in. I went to a ford dealership but they were no help. I would really like to have HD radio and be able to hook my iPod/iPhone up to my stereo. I don't make calls from stereo so I don't need that. I would like to have a touchscreen double din radio but I think I wouldn't really use it for what it's for.