PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter help!

bowhunter
04-08-2013, 01:19 AM
So I just ordered 4 new tweeters with built in crossovers... I have 4 alpine type r 5.25's and 6x9's on a 4 channel... Now to the questions... Can I just mount and wire the tweeters to another 4 channel I have or should I wire them in with my other door speakers? I hope that's a somewhat clear explanation of what I'm asking.

calebkhill
04-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Whats the specs on the tweets.
Honestly Id wire them to the separate amp that way you can control their volume levels independently of the other speakers i.e. separate gain settings in your case.

keep_hope_alive
04-08-2013, 02:56 AM
you can wire them in parallel with the other speakers, one per speaker. a 2 ohm high frequency load is trivial. that way fader and balance are maintained. a separate amp for separate level control is nice, but the same can be achieved with resistors.

but why? two in front of you (aimed at you) is really all you need. do you already have hearing damage (serious question)?

calebkhill
04-08-2013, 03:19 AM
but why? two in front of you (aimed at you) is really all you need.

Wondered why myself.

mlstrass
04-08-2013, 06:48 AM
more hood cred is my guess....

bowhunter
04-09-2013, 12:59 AM
you can wire them in parallel with the other speakers, one per speaker. a 2 ohm high frequency load is trivial. that way fader and balance are maintained. a separate amp for separate level control is nice, but the same can be achieved with resistors.

but why? two in front of you (aimed at you) is really all you need. do you already have hearing damage (serious question)?

I was originally ordering 2, but I got a good deal if I ordered another set... I wasn't gonna use all 4 just yet but it all depended on if I need to wire them in with my other speakers or put them on the seperate amp. I either thought about mounting them in the dash where the windshield meets the dash or on the a-pillar at the top corner of the windshield...

bowhunter
04-09-2013, 01:01 AM
more hood cred is my guess....

For sure man! For sure! Lol will probably mount other 2 in my grill so errbody can hear me! Haha JK that makes me lmfao Everytime!

keep_hope_alive
04-09-2013, 01:42 AM
I was originally ordering 2, but I got a good deal if I ordered another set... I wasn't gonna use all 4 just yet but it all depended on if I need to wire them in with my other speakers or put them on the seperate amp. I either thought about mounting them in the dash where the windshield meets the dash or on the a-pillar at the top corner of the windshield...

that makes sense. dash corners is a great location.

calebkhill
04-09-2013, 01:44 AM
that makes sense. dash corners is a great location.

You know, I moved my tweets to the a pillars and i'm getting much better response than the dash location. Their 1". I'm leaving them their, more detail.

keep_hope_alive
04-09-2013, 01:52 AM
You know, I moved my tweets to the a pillars and i'm getting much better response than the dash location. Their 1". I'm leaving them their, more detail.

i agree with you on that, but dash corners are a good starting point that is easy to work with. i also moved mine from the dash to the apillars then to spheres.

calebkhill
04-09-2013, 02:02 AM
i agree with you on that, but dash corners are a good starting point that is easy to work with. i also moved mine from the dash to the apillars then to spheres.

Is a goods starting point.
Got pics of your spheres?
What's the benefits of spheres

keep_hope_alive
04-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Is a goods starting point.
Got pics of your spheres?
What's the benefits of spheres

sure, build log has plenty of pics

calebkhill
04-09-2013, 02:56 AM
sure, build log has plenty of pics

I'll take a look. What are the benefits ?

keep_hope_alive
04-09-2013, 03:28 AM
I'll take a look. What are the benefits ?

reduced diffraction with spheres. diffraction causes what we hear as high frequency harshness.