PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Avic Z130BT Help Needed!

sqaccord
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi All, I have a Pioneer Z-130BT, which was installed by an authorized dealer in 2011. I am having issues with the touchscreen not working consistently. I have timed that it takes up to 20 minutes for my touchscreen to work at all. My steering wheel controls function normally but the screen does not function at all (it is completely frozen). In addition, I have noticed that the receiver when working often jumps back to the function screen by itself. Initially, I noticed that this happened in the morning - so I was thinking that it may have to do with the overnight temperatures here in the northeast (although this didn't happen the first winter when installed). However, over the last two days I noticed its happening again regardless of time of day (and it has been a bit more mild these days), so I am thinking that something else is going on here.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues with this unit and if so what the issue was and how you resolved it.

I did install the latest software found on Pioneer's site for the unit to see if that would help and it did not.

I asked my dealer to look at it last week and they said they could not recreate what I was experiencing. I called Pioneer and they said that is not normal and I can send it in for service and their techs will test the unit and see if any repairs needed. I asked my dealer if we can send it in, but they are telling me that if they send it in - Pioneer will charge them an arm & a leg to repair and it may be better if I just send it in myself. That didn't sit right with me, so I consulted with another Pioneer dealer and they said that my dealer was not far off, stating that they sent a head unit in for repair and they didn't hear back from them for 3 months and when they did - Pioneer wanted to charge $600 for repair, so they Dealer just opted to offer the customer a new unit at a greatly reduced price. They also stated that Pioneer does not do any of the repairs themselves, it is all shipped to a 3rd Party repair shop and repairs only come with a 90 day warranty.

I would appreciate guidance / advice of what I should do here, as I am quite pissed that I spent over $1200 on a headunit that didn't even make it 24 months. Thanks in advance for your help.