PDA

View Full Version : Design help and calculator

Sketchup
03-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey guys happy Easter! I had some free time today and figured I'd start on my sub box design. So at this point I'm going to start making the box in the next few weeks so that by the time summer rolls around I'll be able to put in one big order and then put most of it together. Right now I'm thinking of going with a Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3, seems like a good amp. Off of that I was thinking of running the Sundown Z v.3 (1x12" model). This is all going in the trunk of my old car. I have a mac so its very hard to get any design programs. The dimensions I'll be working with are 17H*24D*32W. I would like to design the box myself, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good programs for the mac that would work well for tuning and such. I already have google sketchup for sketching out a design. Maybe some of you know of some good designs already? I would kerf the box and do anything really. Most likely tune it to about 33-35hz. I'm looking to make a real solid good quality and loud box. If any of you could help me out it'd be most appreciated. Thanks!

slim2fattycake
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
find formulas and do calculations with pen and paper + physical calculator if needed.

NuckinFutz
03-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Digital Designs has a awesome little tutorial on there website if you wanna read up on that. You can just do a quick Google search for port length calculator