PDA

View Full Version : center console with components

Gula187
03-30-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a 09 Silverado and I'm thinking about getting something like a console custom built so I can mount my iPad in it. I always have my iPad connected to my radio and I think it will look much cleaner mounted.. but anyway I want to have a set of components installed I'm the console also. how do you guys think it would should and will it be a waste of money to do so? these are the component sets that's I'm most interested in

alpine type r
sundown sa series comps
incriminator audio comps

calebkhill
03-31-2013, 11:51 AM
You're gonna run into alot of problems with a center channel. It can be done, but alot of time, tuning, and system adjustments is what it will take to make it work.

Gula187
03-31-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm just going to scratch that idea of mounting the speakers...all threads about people looking for comp. are getting recommended jbl,sundown and hertz....what's the better option to go with?

calebkhill
03-31-2013, 11:39 PM
Whats your budget?

Gula187
03-31-2013, 11:43 PM
I always find myself raising my budget lol but this time I'm trying to keep it under $250-$300

calebkhill
03-31-2013, 11:47 PM
Well alot of people are raving about the JBL MS-62's, Ive never heard a pair but there are many that can testify for them.
Also alot of people seem to like CDT. Never heard them, but they get good reviews.
I personally would recommend the set I just baught. PHD. PHD is an italian company, and the speakers are handcrafted in italy. They sound amazing, Im glad I got them.
Welcome in PHD (http://www.phd.it)
The set I bought was 300 shipped.