PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 4 L7's

JonnyMasters
03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
I have a crew cab truck, with 4 Kicker Solo Baric L7 15's, running off a Audiopipe 3000.1D, in a huge ported box. I am going to rebuild the box and add a capacitor. I was wondering everyone's suggestions on boxes. I can fit just about anything because I took my seat out. It sounds really good now, but I just want more. I have considered a bandpass, but I know they are limited to certain ranges and I listen to a lot of different music. Should I just stick with ported? Since I'm adding a capacitor is worth the money to add another battery? Its a big truck so adding one isn't an issue. I just don't have money to waste.

~Thank you.

Spldecendant
03-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Battries are better then capacitors and you should probley have a few and a bigger amp for those subs something 5,000w

red13_69_84
03-28-2013, 02:37 AM
What size cap I suggest atleast a 20 farad can find a stinger one for about 250 I thibk and I agree with a battery they also make a decent large battery too or a kibetic I hear is good or can always buy a yellow top optima

momofx
03-28-2013, 03:11 AM
Firstly, for those L7's to "perform" the way they were meant to, you will need :

a. A better and bigger amp based on how you plan to wire up all 4 of them (1 ohm, 2 ohm, 0.5 ohm??).
b. More batteries based on what kind of amp you get and your total current draw. Capacitors are a waste of time. Ask ANY of the big spl guys.
c. Possibly upgrade your alternator and do the big 3 if you havent already.

Ported would be fine for that kind of vehicle btw, as long at your box and port are tuned and built right. Its all in the install ;)

oxsign
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
You do know this is in the "build thread" right? Lets get some pix up of what you already have.