View Full Version : Lexan 2-12 ported box

03-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Im almost done with my latest build its a 3/4 mdf skeleton over 1/4 lexan very strong no flex has an interior spider leg
support that reinforces the walls. Its a down fire box the legs not pictured are interchangeable to accommodate for different seat/floor restrictions. The exterior film on the lexan purposely left on for the user to paint or peel later. I've just ordered a 48x48 cnc machine Ill be doing image carving and intricate details and will be posting more of my builds to get the community's feedback and suggestions.

03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
That's pretty cool! Used to work a lot with lexan when I was younger a plastics fabrication place. Stuff is very strong as well as light. But it used to be pretty expensive. What was the overall cost of the materials on this thing?

03-24-2013, 03:17 PM
I reach out to people on cl and found a glass company owner who was selling off cut scraps and bought them all for 70.00 I have enough to build about 6 more enclosures. The key is always visit glass company's or cabinet makers they are always willing to give you a better deal on offcuts the original customer has alrdy paid for.