PDA

View Full Version : do i need to divide a 2 sub box?

jayxpk
04-21-2004, 08:24 PM
another question here. i recently purchased 2 10" subs and i am going to build a box identical to this one:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/truck210.jpg

however i was wondering if i need to divide the box in the middle? or can i just make it one big thing? any input is appreciated thank you!

LBX2G
04-21-2004, 08:37 PM
are is this your first time buillding a box, that looks a little compilcated for it to be ur first project. I f u are going for SQ i would use a divider , But if is an more towards SPL i would not worry about it.

jayxpk
04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
well yes this is my first time building a box, however my dad is extremely good at woodworking and hes gonna help me with it..so i dont think its gonna matter about hardness.

i guess i might as well ask now..what is SQ and what is SPL? i just want a deep bass that sounds nice. its goin to be sealed if that helps u any

TheVanMan
04-22-2004, 10:16 AM
SQ is Sound Quality
SPL is Sound Pressure Level. Basically loudness.

If you would like some of that deep base I go ported and tune low. Best of both worlds, that I what I do.

jayxpk
04-22-2004, 02:51 PM
SQ is Sound Quality
SPL is Sound Pressure Level. Basically loudness.

If you would like some of that deep base I go ported and tune low. Best of both worlds, that I what I do.

kk thanks for the help man always wondered what sq and spl were lol.

BIG_SUPERMAN72
04-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Dude ur like a year older than me exactly. Thats jacked up. Im in High school and ur just want ur car to sound ******. Go for the SPL.

BASS OUTLAW
04-26-2004, 06:30 AM
yes divide it , , cause even if something happened in your amp , or one of the subwoofers , u can use the another efficiently and without changing your enclousure...

BASS OUTLAW
04-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Dividers in Speaker Enclosures:
In virtually all applications, a speaker enclosure will be better (overall) if it has dividers between chambers. The dividers make the enclosure more rigid (which is always desirable). The dividers also allow you to continue playing your other sub (or subs) if one goes out

jayxpk
04-26-2004, 02:10 PM
thanks for the help man. i ended up makin 2 seperate boxes anyways but now i know in the future :)