PDA

View Full Version : Another amp?

n_derr
04-21-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm buying a pair of Infinity Reference 9603i and a pair of Infinity Reference 3002cf for my car and I was wondering if I'd notice any real difference in sound quality if I installed another amp for these. The HU I have is a JVC KD-LH3100, and it gives 19watts RMS/channel (50watts peak).

If you think an amp would improve sq, what amps would you recomend? Limited budget, though.

Thanks in advance

outbacksport
04-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Yes your system will sound better with an external amp. Those speakers need atleast 60rms watts each. What is your budget on the amp. I would suggest a 4 channel amp. US Acoustics are pretty cheap you could get them at sounddomain.com or crutchfield.com

n_derr
04-21-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm looking at amps in the sub-$200 range. From what I've seen at sounddomain.com, I can get some pretty decent amps for the wattage I'm looking for. I just wasn't sure if there'd be a sound quality difference.

I was also thinking of buying new speaker wire. Since I'm going to be gutting the car to put in subs and an amp, I figured I'd replace the wires, too. What would be a good gauge to run to these speakers?