PDA

View Full Version : Sub Box Stability?

szarowiczsam
03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,
I plan on making a sub box for the two Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12's I'm getting. Now the box I'm planning on making is going to have two layers of .75 inch MDF board for every piece except maybe the port wall. Now my question is: is that enough stability for the box or should I add any extra internal braces?

Thanks

Chriszle
03-20-2013, 06:31 PM
How much power are you running? Adding multiple layers is not that effective for strengthening the box. You are better off with bracing internally, and doubling up on the baffle. Otherwise you are going to have one heavy *** box.

bsipes30
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
That sure seems like way overkill to me. make your box out of 3/4 mdf and proper bracing it should be more than good for anything you throw at it.

bsipes30
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
especially concidering those subs weigh about 16 pounds. That is a very light subwoofer and no double baffle should be required If you need help building a box that will optimize your woofers there are plenty of builders on here that could help you and save you a ton of money and heartache.

szarowiczsam
03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Hey thanks for the info everybody. Im just going with the double layer baffle and just single layers for everything else.