PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing noise in speakers

InfinityBeats
03-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Hello, I Just put in an 800 watt 4 channel amp and hooked it up to two 6.5" Infinity reference series kickers in the door and two 6x9 Infinity reference series in the back seat. I ran new speaker wire for the speakers and now there is a buzzing noise. If the engine is on while running the system, the buzzing seems to follow the rpms. I don't know if the speaker wire is grounding somewhere or what it is. This is in a 99 Mitsubishi eclipse and this is my first system. Please help!

If you can help please provide as much detail as possible please!

keep_hope_alive
03-21-2013, 12:24 AM
sounds like alternator whine. what is the source? alt whine is caused by a ground loop between the source and the amp. good quality amps have sufficient filtering to prevent it.

what make/model amp?

it is resolved with proper signal grounding methods. describe the source and wiring to the amp and we can make suggestions.

InfinityBeats
03-21-2013, 01:35 AM
I can only give you the model number on the amp: KA-1460B. I'm pretty sure it is an off brand amp because it doesn't have a name of the maker on it. It says 4 channel 800 watts Hi-Power 1.C Amplifier Built in Subwoofer.

By source what do you mean? I have the amp grounded with a self-tapping screw and the power is going through the firewall to the battery like any other amp would. If I have my car off the speakers don't make the buzzing noise but it's only if the car is on. The alternator idea does make sense though. Btw this is like a 10 year old amp so idk if it's just outdated, but it does still work at least. I'll probably save up for a newer 4 channel eventually.

keep_hope_alive
03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
i recommend you replace the amp. it could also have in internal issue.

by source i mean the head unit. is it factory or aftermarket? did you connect with RCA's or high level inputs through a LOC?

InfinityBeats
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
It's an aftermarket head unit and it's hooked up via RCA for low input. Like I said I'll start saving up for a better amp. Anything I can do until then?

maylar
03-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Read the sticky on ground loops and alternator whine. It's at the top of one of these sub forums.

keep_hope_alive
03-22-2013, 05:59 PM
what make/model of head unit?

no, nothing you can do at this point except experiment with grounding RCA shields or head unit ground locations.

InfinityBeats
03-22-2013, 08:04 PM
The headunit is an Alpine CDA-9856. I don't think that the head unit is the problem though, because it didn't have the alternator whine. My brother used to have this system installed and he said he got the same thing and all he had to do was put something in the loop that would take down the interference but we don't know what it is called. He also said to possibly move the ground wire to the trunk. I'll check put the sticky. I really apreciate the help!