PDA

View Full Version : Morel Tempo Component set vs CDT ES-06

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Seen a few posts that stated Morel's low end was better than CDT's top end stuff. So I figured I would ask for some opinions. My main concern is the better SQ between the two. I'll be ditching the Morel crossovers and run the set active. I would pair the CDT ES-06 with CDT HD1 2" tweets.

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Would you consider PHD rather than CDT or Morel?

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Would you consider PHD rather than CDT or Morel?
Is this the same company that makes HAudio?

trumpet
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Seen a few posts that stated Morel's low end was better than CDT's top end stuff. So I figured I would ask for some opinions. My main concern is the better SQ between the two. I'll be ditching the Morel crossovers and run the set active. I would pair the CDT ES-06 with CDT HD1 2" tweets.

Are you sure you have HD1 tweeters? HD-1A/BL (http://cdtstore.com/tweeters/hd1abl.htm) If this is what you have I'm curious to know what you think of them.
I advise people to use the ES-06 woofers with a small midrange driver. They're rated to play up to 4 kHz, but the midrange may be more muted than you're used to hearing. For a 2-way set the ES-6 may be more appropriate.

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
For a 2-way set the ES-6 may be more appropriate.

It was a typo...these are the drivers I meant to post =P
As far as the tweets you have the correct model number as well. I read a post where a guy used the exact same combo on an active HU and he found those tweets where much smoother than drt26's. Haven't heard them for myself. I'm more focused on the mid driver atm.

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Is this the same company that makes HAudio?

No, Audible Physics is the company that makes H-audio. Though they make an amazing product as well and I use both them and PHD in my set up.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
No, Audible Physics is the company that makes H-audio. Though they make an amazing product as well and I use both them and PHD in my set up.

i got to get hands on with a 3 way set. Havent heard them yet but if they sound as cheap as they feel you can keep it

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM

I can't seem to view any products or prices on anything by Audible Physics for some reason. Seems like a very hard company to buy from. What are you suggesting from PHAudiophile? Throw up some links :up2somet:

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
i got to get hands on with a 3 way set. Havent heard them yet but if they sound as cheap as they feel you can keep it

The Audible Physics? If you say they are cheap and you own Hertz, I would really go check yourself into a psychiatric facility ASAP.

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Authentic to the Music - Home (http://www.melodic-acoustic.com/) This is the website that you can order the Audible Physics from, but they haven't released their standard 2 way set yet.

From the PHD line, the FB 6.1 or 6.1 pro sets would be perfect for you depending on power on tap.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 04:04 PM
The Audible Physics? If you say they are cheap and you own Hertz, I would really go check yourself into a psychiatric facility ASAP.

lol I was refering to the PHDs... You must have jumped deep and feel over that bandwagon. The tweeters feel like they came straight out of walmart, the baskets felt flimsy, i was worried my finger was going to go through the dust cap. The terminals looked like they wanted to fall off.

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Authentic to the Music - Home (http://www.melodic-acoustic.com/) This is the website that you can order the Audible Physics from, but they haven't released their standard 2 way set yet.

From the PHD line, the FB 6.1 or 6.1 pro sets would be perfect for you depending on power on tap.

Power is coming from a MA NX5 (140x4 at 4ohms)

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
lol I was refering to the PHDs... You must have jumped deep and feel over that bandwagon. The tweeters feel like they came straight out of walmart, the baskets felt flimsy, i was worried my finger was going to go through the dust cap. The terminals looked like they wanted to fall off.

Alright let's school you real quick. The dust cap is meant to a vent for cooling, so there goes that. The basket is a non-resonant fiberglass blend that is very strong regardless what you say and or think. The tweeters are far from cheap, they are not the top-of-the-line tweeters, but they are very nice. They of course have a plastic housing, like most tweeters in their price range, but they sound wonderful. Now, time for the terminals you would have to be and idiot not to notice that they are hand soldered and absolutely will not be falling off anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Power is coming from a MA NX5 (140x4 at 4ohms)

Then I would suggest the PHD FB 6.1pro kit.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Alright let's school you real quick. The dust cap is meant to a vent for cooling, so there goes that. The basket is a non-resonant fiberglass blend that is very strong regardless what you say and or think. The tweeters are far from cheap, they are not the top-of-the-line tweeters, but they are very nice. They of course have a plastic housing, like most tweeters in their price range, but they sound wonderful. Now, time for the terminals you would have to be and idiot not to notice that they are hand soldered and absolutely will not be falling off anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Then I would suggest the PHD FB 6.1pro kit.

Oh I noticed everything. I noticed the tweeters had no weight to them. Also the "kevlar cones" Is that supposed to be a joke? They reminded me of some off the shelf Parts-Express drivers. Sorry but I guess I'm spoiled with Hertz. I truly expected more.

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Oh I noticed everything. I noticed the tweeters had no weight to them. Also the "kevlar cones" Is that supposed to be a joke? They reminded me of some off the shelf Parts-Express drivers. Sorry but I guess I'm spoiled with Hertz. I truly expected more.

Hah... Spoiled... Right...

Who said anything about kevlar cones?

They use fiberglass as the cone material, hence the FB line name.

You are truly starting to make yourself look like an idiot.

PHD - Speakers - Model FB 6.1 KIT PRO FIRENZE - (http://www.phd.it/welcome_to/speakers/fb61pro_kit.asp)

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Hah... Spoiled... Right...

Who said anything about kevlar cones?

They use fiberglass as the cone material, hence the FB line name.

You are truly starting to make yourself look like an idiot.

PHD - Speakers - Model FB 6.1 KIT PRO FIRENZE - (http://www.phd.it/welcome_to/speakers/fb61pro_kit.asp)

Guy said it was Kevlar. Not sure what series they where but if they are as good as the fanboys say the whole line should be top notch. Honestly the 3.5 felt the best of the 3 way. Yes spoiled. I wouldnt be scared to send my HSKs on a trip across the yard and stick them back in. I will leave final judgement up to hearing them in action.
Please stop kidding yourself to make a sale.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh and judging by the tape measure they are undersized by about a inch

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 04:31 PM

So what speakers do you suggest?

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 04:34 PM
So what speakers do you suggest?

Let your ears decide, NEVER buy a speaker set without listening to them in the proper envirment

Vecticus
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Let your ears decide, NEVER buy a speaker set without listening to them in the proper envirment

I'm not sure how I will manage that. But it makes sense..

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure how I will manage that. But it makes sense..

They all have their own sound. A freind of mine has used some of the best speakers in the world from Audison, Focal K2s, Hertz Mille, Hybrid, ect and hated them all. I think he just dont know how to use his pioneer P99 but still. He is happier for now with a set of polk SRs, I give them a few weeks

okiedokie
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
^^^^
Your friend has used the speakers in the world? Interesting.
There isn't such thing as the best.
I've used a lot of pre package comp setups over the past 8 yrs, & I will say install, tuning, aiming, good imaging, TA, slopes, deadening, etc... Plays more of a part in good to great SQ-SQL car.
I love a F.A.S.T. Setup more then any 2way-sub or 3-way sub comp setup passive or going active vs using raw drivers.
I will in my future buy a set of PHD, Illusion audio,helix, Brax & German maestro speakers to play with.
PHD speaker do sound good

Oh add a good processor & you can treak any good speaker to sound great to your liking.

I'm useing ID mids 6.5 v2 , seas large format tweeters which with 2months of tuning sounding great.
I'm about to change everything out to use clarus 6.5 mids & tangband new full range drivers just for fun

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh and judging by the tape measure they are undersized by about a inch

lol. There is no 3.5'' speaker sold by PHD. I think again you are making up things as you go. I know of many people online that have switched from the Mille set to the Fb 6.1 comp set and were blown away by it.

You are just so ignorant and uneducated that you cannot begin to surpass your nuthuggery.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
^^^^
Your friend has used the speakers in the world? Interesting.
There isn't such thing as the best.
I've used a lot of pre package comp setups over the past 8 yrs, & I will say install, tuning, aiming, good imaging, TA, slopes, deadening, etc... Plays more of a part in good to great SQ-SQL car.
I love a F.A.S.T. Setup more then any 2way-sub or 3-way sub comp setup passive or going active vs using raw drivers.
I will in my future buy a set of PHD, Illusion audio,helix, Brax & German maestro speakers to play with.
PHD speaker do sound good

Oh add a good processor & you can treak any good speaker to sound great to your liking.

I'm useing ID mids 6.5 v2 , seas large format tweeters which with 2months of tuning sounding great.
I'm about to change everything out to use clarus 6.5 mids & tangband new full range drivers just for fun

Lol. There is a such thing as the best. Which one is best for you is the question.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 07:17 PM
lol. There is no 3.5'' speaker sold by PHD. I think again you are making up things as you go. I know of many people online that have switched from the Mille set to the Fb 6.1 comp set and were blown away by it.

You are just so ignorant and uneducated that you cannot begin to surpass your nuthuggery.

Well whatever the middle size is in the 3 way set. And I'm the NUTTHUGGER?

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Well whatever the middle size is in the 3 way set. And I'm the NUTTHUGGER?

Look over your posts, you blindly hug Hertz's nuts the entire thread while attempting to bash PHD in the process. You have gotten multiple facts wrong, and have been completely ignorant to facts. That pretty much describes nut huggery.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Look over your posts, you blindly hug Hertz's nuts the entire thread while attempting to bash PHD in the process. You have gotten multiple facts wrong, and have been completely ignorant to facts. That pretty much describes nut huggery.

I never mentioned Hertz until you tried to make a dumb compairision. I will run whatever suits my needs it don't matter what name is on it. I was even looking into PHD. Luckily I got to get my hands on a set before I made that mistake. They may sound amazing but they feel and look exteamly cheap. Guy said it was Kelvar, ok I don't give two shits if its not. Normally 3 ways have a 3.5 inch mid, PHD don't? Once again I don't give two shits. All that matters to me with my limited experience with them, the remind me of some rebranded off the shelf raw drivers that sell for $30 a pop. When I buy a high end driver I expect all aspects of a high end driver

PHD - USA
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I never mentioned Hertz until you tried to make a dumb compairision. I will run whatever suits my needs it don't matter what name is on it. I was even looking into PHD. Luckily I got to get my hands on a set before I made that mistake. They may sound amazing but they feel and look exteamly cheap. Guy said it was Kelvar, ok I don't give two shits if its not. Normally 3 ways have a 3.5 inch mid, PHD don't? Once again I don't give two shits. All that matters to me with my limited experience with them, the remind me of some rebranded off the shelf raw drivers that sell for $30 a pop. When I buy a high end driver I expect all aspects of a high end driver

If you would like, I could quote all of the posts where you have mentioned Hertz, would you like that?

Many 3 way sets use 3, 3.5, and 4'' drivers.

I'm sorry you don't understand quality, but that's fine many people simple minded people do not.

Please, show me some drivers that have this high of build quality that sell for $30 a piece.

NoLoud4U
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
If you would like, I could quote all of the posts where you have mentioned Hertz, would you like that?

Many 3 way sets use 3, 3.5, and 4'' drivers.

I'm sorry you don't understand quality, but that's fine many people simple minded people do not.

Please, show me some drivers that have this high of build quality that sell for $30 a piece.

That's what I'm trying to say. They don't have the fit and finish of the high build quality you say they have.
It's cool. People love bandwagons till the next fad pops up. Oh and they might want to use better stickers cause those didn't like to stay on either. Yes these where brand new

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 01:32 AM
That's what I'm trying to say. They don't have the fit and finish of the high build quality you say they have.
It's cool. People love bandwagons till the next fad pops up. Oh and they might want to use better stickers cause those didn't like to stay on either. Yes these where brand new

You must be a complete idiot. I mean to think that elettromedia products are even remotely superior to PHD products, you would have to be, well an idiot. The PHD has much higher build quality than Hertz. No doubt. PHD also beats out Elettromedia companies like Audison and Hertz in Europe at the EMMA shows all the time. Does that mean something? Yes, yes it does.

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 05:53 AM
You must be a complete idiot. I mean to think that elettromedia products are even remotely superior to PHD products, you would have to be, well an idiot. The PHD has much higher build quality than Hertz. No doubt. PHD also beats out Elettromedia companies like Audison and Hertz in Europe at the EMMA shows all the time. Does that mean something? Yes, yes it does.

Yes I think they are better along with many others. Trust I was not the only one who felt that way. I guess we have different opinions of quality. When I buy "high end" I expect preformance and fit and finish. I should of pulled mine out and took side by sides but I didn't and I don't think you would of wanted me to.

phongvupc2
03-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Up h? bác nha có gì ?ng h? mình v?i nhé

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes I think they are better along with many others. Trust I was not the only one who felt that way. I guess we have different opinions of quality. When I buy "high end" I expect preformance and fit and finish. I should of pulled mine out and took side by sides but I didn't and I don't think you would of wanted me to.

Man, those Xl components look really nice with all of that junky looking plastic all over, especially in front of the tweeter on the grill, I'm sure it serves a wonderful purpose :rolleyes:

Listen, you don't know quality, and you truly don't know anything about PHD. The more you run your mouth truly the more oblivious you look.

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Man, those Xl components look really nice with all of that junky looking plastic all over, especially in front of the tweeter on the grill, I'm sure it serves a wonderful purpose :rolleyes:

Listen, you don't know quality, and you truly don't know anything about PHD. The more you run your mouth truly the more oblivious you look.

Lol ok buddy. Lets see what I can compair them to and see if you think those are quality. Arc blacks,Focal K2s, JL ZRs and C5s, Hybrid Clarus? I felt those had quality also. I didn't mention the Audisons cause I know your answer.

Oh and I seen your precious PHDs got smoked at SBN.

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Lol ok buddy. Lets see what I can compair them to and see if you think those are quality. Arc blacks,Focal K2s, JL ZRs and C5s, Hybrid Clarus? I felt those had quality also. I didn't mention the Audisons cause I know your answer.

Oh and I seen your precious PHDs got smoked at SBN.

I was the one at SBN, and just like everyone who was there even Peter Lutz will tell you, I just went to have fun. After last season I realized the only show that matters is finals. So, I'm getting my 40 points for finals and then it's just a waiting game.

The Black series is nice, the Focal set has a terrible tweeter as all Focal sets do, the ZR tweeter is also bad, the C5 set.... Come on now learn real quality, and the Clarus set is meh.

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I was the one at SBN, and just like everyone who was there even Peter Lutz will tell you, I just went to have fun. After last season I realized the only show that matters is finals. So, I'm getting my 40 points for finals and then it's just a waiting game.

The Black series is nice, the Focal set has a terrible tweeter as all Focal sets do, the ZR tweeter is also bad, the C5 set.... Come on now learn real quality, and the Clarus set is meh.

The Arc was the worst of the group to me. And yes the Focal has a terrible tweeter that can't be tamed. The ZR was the best of that group, the reason I use the 8s now. I do prefer the XLs more. The ZR over the HSK. The C5 was tooooo mellow for me but a wonderful speaker. The Hybrid was in the middle.

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
The Arc was the worst of the group to me. And yes the Focal has a terrible tweeter that can't be tamed. The ZR was the best of that group, the reason I use the 8s now. I do prefer the XLs more. The ZR over the HSK. The C5 was tooooo mellow for me but a wonderful speaker. The Hybrid was in the middle.

You are really jumping all over the place there. The Arc is a very nice set made by SB Acoustics they are somewhat flat, but that is what you want in a true sq setup so you can tune it the way you want.

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM
You are really jumping all over the place there. The Arc is a very nice set made by SB Acoustics they are somewhat flat, but that is what you want in a true sq setup so you can tune it the way you want.

The C5 was the most neutral of the bunch.

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 02:19 PM
The C5 was the most neutral of the bunch.

Not of the sets I've heard. I didn't care for the c5 at all.

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Not of the sets I've heard. I didn't care for the c5 at all.

I didnt either but they are used in some of the top SQ cars.

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I didnt either but they are used in some of the top SQ cars.

What cars?

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
What cars?

Eldridge used them, not sure if he still does. Funny how everybody talks about JL being overpriced (mostly bassheads) but they seem to hang pretty good for way cheaper if used for what they where designed for. The guy who won SQ MECA state last year in VA used them. Thats not saying much but still.

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Eldridge used them, not sure if he still does. Funny how everybody talks about JL being overpriced (mostly bassheads) but they seem to hang pretty good for way cheaper if used for what they where designed for. The guy who won SQ MECA state last year in VA used them. Thats not saying much but still.

Pretty sure he doesn't use them anymore.

Yeah, state champs really don't matter.

NoLoud4U
03-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Pretty sure he doesn't use them anymore.

Yeah, state champs really don't matter.

If he is still using the JL setup he is still using them.

PHD - USA
03-20-2013, 02:54 PM
If he is still using the JL setup he is still using them.

I was pretty sure he changed out the speakers last year.

Jroo
03-20-2013, 04:40 PM
man this got off topic. I dont know anything about PHD speakers, but they are not being represented well in this thread. All this back and forth should have been off line. You are falling for the bait and getting pulled in a discussion that an owner or rep should be having

PHD - USA
03-21-2013, 12:55 AM
man this got off topic. I dont know anything about PHD speakers, but they are not being represented well in this thread. All this back and forth should have been off line. You are falling for the bait and getting pulled in a discussion that an owner or rep should be having

Trust me, I am perfectly capable of discussing technical details and proving my point involving products I sell. It's funny, you say they are not being represented well, yet because of this thread I have had many people message me inquiring on how to purchase them....

Jroo
03-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Dont care how many people contacted you. Just pointing out that some potential customers may be turned off by the back and forth. As a businessman, rep, owner, whatever, you want to put you product and services in the best light to attract people that havent used your stuff. If you think you did, cool. At the end of the day you are trying to sell something. If somebody thinks your product didnt perform well or didnt meet a quality standard, deal with that customer off line and figure out how to make them happy and keep them as a customer, not air it out in a public forum. I get that not every person is happy, but I learn more about how you respond to it.

NoLoud4U
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Dont care how many people contacted you. Just pointing out that some potential customers may be turned off by the back and forth. As a businessman, rep, owner, whatever, you want to put you product and services in the best light to attract people that havent used your stuff. If you think you did, cool. At the end of the day you are trying to sell something. If somebody thinks your product didnt perform well or didnt meet a quality standard, deal with that customer off line and figure out how to make them happy and keep them as a customer, not air it out in a public forum. I get that not every person is happy, but I learn more about how you respond to it.

This is CA.com. People will jump on every new bandwagon. I've done it before.

PHD - USA
03-22-2013, 01:38 AM

That's great, let me correct you on a few things.

Number one: He is not a customer of mine, nor will he be.

Number two: I am merely a dealer that brought this product to the attention of people on the internet.

Number three: If somebody is making claims that are not true, and is inherently making the company look bad, I feel a need to respond and correct the person in public so others can see that he/she is false.