PDA

View Full Version : Budget Build

juanmgarza26
03-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Soundstream SC 6T 6 1 2" Arachnid Series Component Speaker System 050036118705 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soundstream-SC-6T-6-1-2-Arachnid-Series-Component-Speaker-System-/370636581509?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item564ba96a85)

Im going to do a budget build for my dad in his truck, for the components im trying to stay below $100 mark, are these soundstream 6.5 comps decent?

The build will be a JVC HU im not sure the model of it but its already installed,
the amp will be a soundstream tarantula 4 channel,
and the rear speakers will be soundstream as well,

I kind of want to do a little soundstream build I guess, my dad likes spiders so I thought soundstream would better suit the build,

thanks for the input guys I want to know your all's opinion

keep_hope_alive
03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
sure, for the price you're fine. while saving money, don't forget to use weatherstripping foam for seals on the front and rear of each speaker to seal against the metal AND against the door panel/grill. adequate seals is vital to the success of any install.

i used closed cell foam weatherstripping between the speaker basket and the door metal.
i use open cell foam weatherstripping between the front of the speaker basket and the door panel.
thickness depends on the vehicle and the front depth of the front speakers. basically, you want to recreate the factory foam seals and front depth.

Kingstroker
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
someone on here had some BNIB D series Pioneer comp for $100, might still have them