PDA

View Full Version : What tuning do ya recommend for Rap/Hip hop music?



lilflippy
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
HI I just bought 2 12" Alpine Type-R SWR-12D2 and What port tuning would ya recommend for rap/Hip hop music?

If ya had a choice what would ya pick from range 32Hz-37Hz

Please reply back thanks

IonRL205
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
32 to 34 hz

sjv13
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
32 to 34 hz

+1

Mine is at 33hz and I listen to mostly rap and it plays 95% of music well. The other 5% are extreme lows (like in Put On and Bass I Love You).

IonRL205
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM
+1

Mine is at 33hz and I listen to mostly rap and it plays 95% of music well. The other 5% are extreme lows (like in Put On and Bass I Love You).

28 hz is not an extreme low lol

sjv13
03-13-2013, 08:50 PM
28 hz is not an extreme low lol

well, I wouldnt call it common either... I'd say it's in the bottom 5%. Either way, my single 12" R in a box tuned to 33hz doesnt play the lowest in Put On or BiLY very well

IonRL205
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
well, I wouldnt call it common either... I'd say it's in the bottom 5%. Either way, my single 12" R in a box tuned to 33hz doesnt play the lowest in Put On or BiLY very well

That *****, that note is only 28 hz, and it is quite common nowadays with Decaf lol

Im tuned at 34 hz and I can play down to 23 hz no problem


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh9Rz-UCscM

sjv13
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
That *****, that note is only 28 hz, and it is quite common nowadays with Decaf lol

Im tuned at 34 hz and I can play down to 23 hz no problem


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh9Rz-UCscM

I dont listen to decaf. I'm not sure why I can't go super low. Maybe I just need moaarrr powaaarrr

macsdad
03-13-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm tuned at 33hrtz, and it does VERY well. Thanx to ssteele18.

mat3833
03-13-2013, 09:19 PM
my 2 8's tuned at 32hz can play that note in "i put on". they dont play it WELL, but you can hear it a bit. im also only running ~600W to them. if i was to build another box i would tune to 28hz tho.

Matt

Linkz
03-13-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm tuned to 34. But, I hink 32 would be better. keeps you from bottoming out on those low notes.

40oz
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
30-32 Hz. I wouldn't tune above 32Hz.

NoLoud4U
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Tuning that low is pointless for type rs. I wouldn't go lower then 35-37. Take advantage of what they are good at