PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Pioneer AVH-X5500 BHS and rear cam help?

VerTigo456
03-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Hey,

I am planning on purchasing the AVH-X5500 BHS stereo and was interested if anyone has this unit with a rearview cam? If so, what cam did you buy? Was wanting a good camera that actually shows the info/ft, etc possibly and not just a picture? Not sure how the Pioneer rearview cam is for it?

Also, can you run google maps or imaps on my Iphone 5 through this to have navigation on the screen? I thought you might could with the app radio feature on this unit?

Thanks!

Steven

trumpet
03-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I sell Crimestopper cameras, and you can get a camera with the distance grid built in. The Pioneer camera doesn't do infrared night vision.

The X5500BHS is an Advanced App Mode head unit. You can view your maps if you have the correct cable, plus an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter and an Apple Lightning to VGA adapter. CD-IV202AV - <b>NEW!</b> - AppRadio Mode VGA Interface Cable Kit for iPhoneŽ 5. Compatible with Certain 2013 AVH Models. | Pioneer Electronics USA (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IV202AV)