PDA

View Full Version : Getting hissing or distortion sound

bradl79
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
i am getting some sort of distortion or hissing sound its like a low (CHHHHHH) sound from speakers, i have JBL GTO Compontent speakers with a kicker tc104 sub hooked up to alpine mrp f300 amp. all specs are met with the rms the jbls are 75w rms @ 2ohm the sub is 150rms @ 4ohm the amp out puts 75w rms @ 2ohm and 150w rms bridged @ 4ohm. i tried to turn the gain down on the amp and the speakers still have a distortion and vol is all the way down and on all inputs. any idea what it could be? thank you.

neo_styles
03-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Most likely signal noise from the RCAs. Either consider rerouting your RCAs or going with a different set.

nismos14
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Check for any bad connections and any wires shorting out.

bradl79
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
i did replace my stock tweeters with component speakers and there is a jack that was plugged in, but since i don't have my stock tweeters, i do not have it plugged in any more but it is still wired to my front door speakers, could it b/c those are not hooked up to the stock tweeters that could be cause hissing or distortion? and what would need to do to fix that.

nismos14
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Wait what? You replaced your TWEETERS with components? OR you replaced your entire front with a component set? Ran with new wires?

bradl79
03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
lol sorry, i replaced my system with componetns and replace my stock tweeters with the tweeters provided with the comps. ok i had aftermarket coax installed already, but now have comp. with a cross over that is plugged in to my front speakers and tweeters, but i have the place where the stock tweeters were they areplugged in, b/c it has its own harness, the stock plug runs from the tweeter location down to my front speakers then plugged in to the speaker plate, which then has another harness plugged in from there to my crossover then i have wire running from cross over to my tweeters and comps. the old plug for the tweeters are unplugged b/c its not used

There is a pic of stock tweets . its the white harness which i unplugged