jose_hdz646
02-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Vehicle : GRAND AM GT
Location in the vehicle: TRUNK
Space available (Length x Width x Height): SPACE OF ACTUAL BOX BELOW
Subwoofer make and model: DC AUDIO LVL 4 M2
Subwoofer Size: 15
Number of Subwoofers: 2
Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): SLOT OR SQUARE PREFERABLY SQUARE BUT IDK READ ON PLEASE
What type of music do you like?: RAP HIP HOP
Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: MY GOAL IS SPL AND EVERY DAY
Tuning Freq (Hz): 33 HTZ
Volume : MY VOLUME I HAVE POSTED BELOW
Questions:

i am building a subwoofer enclosure for my 2 15s dc lvl 4 subs my dimensions are
w,37
h,16
d, 28
my total volume is 7.894 cubic feet....my told volume with subs and brace displacement subtracted is 6.754....now i want to make a good port tuned to 33 htz i will be useing the setup for daily and competition... but i need to figure out how much port area is needed i figured i would do about 120 square inches for it but when ever i enter in my dimensions for port i get a crazy amount for the length..i want a square port and i was thinking maby like 6x6 but then my area of port is really small 36...so what should i do...any suggestions? to get a port area of 120 id have to have a crazy big port like 12x12 or something and the length would be insanely long...what should i do? please help me asap i plan to put the port facing the right or left side on and the subs firing towards the front of the car...it is a big box i am building it inside my trunk so please help me i have not figured my port size yet so im continue putting my box together till i figure out what im gonna do...i was thinking maby a rectangle port the size of the boxe hight and like 5 to 6 inches wide and useing the walls as my port...any suggestion...i want to move lots of air and get really loud...i will be pushing 2k to each sub clean...yes all upgrades imaginable...so please help me

tc300
02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Are you going for a daily set up or a competition vehicle...??

jose_hdz646
02-28-2013, 09:54 AM
ummm im going for both if that is possible thats why i wanted to do a square port so i can change the the ports for tuning but if not ill just go with one massive port tuned at 33 htz this is what i got sofar let me know if it all sounds right.....i wanna go with a port that is 15inches high by 6 inches wide and my length is going to be about 25 inches...does that sound right? is that to big of a port about 90 square feet of port area...is that to little?

Vincer77
02-28-2013, 10:22 AM
If you want that large of a port then you will need a bigger volume enclosure or a long port as you found. No way around this. It is math.

jose_hdz646
02-28-2013, 10:53 AM
so what do you suggest? i mean i need to make a port so what would be more reasonable?

hispls
02-28-2013, 11:31 AM
i am building a subwoofer enclosure for my 2 15s dc lvl 4 subs my dimensions are
w,37
h,16
d, 28
my total volume is 7.894 cubic feet....

Assuming you're using 3/4" wood and NO bracing, subs, or double baffle, you're still tight for a pair of 15's if you tune high. IMO that's a better airspace for a pair of 12's, but good luck to you with that.