PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Camaro AQ HDC 3 12's

s3th
02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
This has the possibility to become a long investment over time, possibly years. But I can give you a good idea of what has been done so far and where I am going. I am all ears for ideas, clues, things I should have done, and things I just shouldn't waste my time doing, please give me all the feedback you can, bad or good. I am not a car audio professional, but I have always wanted something, extremely loud, a head turner, attention grabber, whatever you want to call it. I want people to point at me and say "Hey man, let me get a demo of that system". In the end it's not about me, it's about peoples reactions and how it warms me up when they smile and plug their ears from spl pleasure. ;]

To start it off the car, its a 2010 camaro LT1, I went with the v6 version, because in the end, I don't care to much about the engine. Two, people like spending money making their cars faster, more hp etc, I just like making mine loud, and beautiful to the ears.

http://i47.tinypic.com/w0tc07.jpg

I've had it for about for about a 2 years now and going from a 1991 saturn to this, I was in awe. I really wasn't too knowledgeable at the time about car audio, I knew how to put in a basic subwoofer, amplifier, and a prefab box run some of the wires, and minor electrical work ( splicing ) etc nothing special. I knew nothing about how much a box built to specs would actually matter, how much power, was actually good for subwoofers, how much electrical work was actually needed to make it loud.

Next after I bought the car, I knew I wanted a touchscreen H/U, never had one before so with the rest of my deployment money, and got what I could. A Pioneer AVH-P3200BT which was about 400$, the sad part was the install kit for the camaro at the time was 300$ !!! Just for something the touchscreen could sit in and integrate A/C controls, etc. It was the only one made at the time, and still might be, but I went with it. I was excited, a 18 year old, with money, and you buy some dumb expensive ****.

http://i45.tinypic.com/rvjdiu.jpg

After that expensive little piece was put in, It blew my mind. Stock radio speakers were so much louder than before, I guess that little boost in wattage from the H/U made them soar. It was so clean and loud I was hooked. Somehow I made it a few months without blowing more money on subs right away, but I just couldn't wait any longer. About 6-10 months later, I went and bought me a Alpine Type-R 12" Which I have used in another car. I also had the Alpine Type-X before this, but me being stupid and not understanding a prefab box was just not cutting it, I sold the type-x a week later thinking it was a waste of money. Little did I know the same guy that I sold it to had a box built to specs a few weeks later after I sold it to him. He gave me a demo, and I couldn't believe it same sub, same amplifier, but it was so loud it hurt my ears. I didn't think of it anymore really after awhile, but that definitely opened my eyes to what needs to be done to make things loud.

So here it is my Type-R and the Hifonics Brutus 1200 that banged my car for quite sometime, until now. http://i45.tinypic.com/dcnpx.jpg

I was pretty happy with that sub amp, and a prefab box combo, but the day my Type-R started cracking on the front almost a year later, and it sounded like straight crap. Alpine wouldn't except an RMA or help get me a new sub because the warranty ran out, I gave in, and started seeking bigger things. http://i49.tinypic.com/zkg60l.jpg

s3th
02-25-2013, 12:25 AM
After seeking help from what to do next in a car audio shop, I ran into someone who had an old, old buick. When I say old I mean all spare tires, with dirt literally falling out from under the car. I didn't expect anything, but I saw a few people crowding around his car so I went over to check it out. After I got a closeup glance, all I could see was tweeters/midbass speakers from one end to the next on the inside of his car, I knew from that point he meant business. He popped the trunk before giving me a demo, and in a box tuned to 36 hz, carpeted and polished, was Two 12" HDC 3.0 Subs looking **** as ever. He had nice little amp ramps for two 2400 watt Hifonics Brutus's, and several multi-channel amps powering all his silk-dome tweeters etc.

I said, without asking, let me hear this now! I got in the car, and he turned the volume to max, picked a song, not a single crack in the sound, you could hear every little tap, horns, sounds, lyric as loud as your head can stand. Following the extremely loud speakers, he turned the bass nob up until I my ears felt like they were about to explode. I was hooked... I grabbed my ipod from my car with my busted *** type-r and sat in his car for about an hour and a half going through my music. I couldn't believe I never been in a car before that had a serious audiophile as the driver, and it made my head rattle. From that moment on I knew what I wanted...

I had a headache for the whole night following that long demo with all the music I could bear.

Luckily for me one of the guys that works in the audioshop had a roomate who said he would measure my trunk and build me a box, and I didn't waste no time getting a hold of him because I knew exactly what I needed. ( Box built to specs reference from earlier ) My very first boxed tuned to what I wanted, I was so excited. :D

So after a quick visit he got some measurements, it's going to be a very tight fit, and I will lose my entire trunk, but I was willing to do whatever. After the measurements were done, the cubes were set to what I wanted, and he told me it was going to be about 36 hz, I was set on a price and what I wanted. So he began the work.

This is the concept that later began in the wood-shop
http://i45.tinypic.com/dcy6q0.jpg

A day later I went to check out how it was going. This is the pictures of what was in-progress and looking good.

http://i47.tinypic.com/34he8hv.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/jiov8z.jpg

Now as you can tell yes, that is a port made completely out of wood, it was so smooth, and accurate, a ****-near perfect circle. A lot of cutting stop, measuring, moving cutting stop, etc... But he made it happen, he said it was his first cylindrical port made completely out of wood. No plastic, PVC reinforce, nothing. Straight wood. ;)

I couldn't wait, just a few more days before this bad boy is in my car.

Then the final result was in the next day.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2r5s3zp.jpg

s3th
02-25-2013, 12:25 AM
That's it fellas, that was the box as you can see it turned out a little bit different from the orignal concept, I like the holes on that side anyway. It was either have the port facing the back of the trunk which would make the subs hidden and the port hidden, or turn the port towards the cab, and you can actually see the port well from the cab, and see the subs with the trunk open. I decided on the forward facing port, and boy does it slam on only 900 watts. I'm not sure what to do on the box as far as looks, maybe some nice carpet, varnish or something. I didn't care right away I just wanted to test it out.

After darkness finally came and an hour or so of trying to figure out how to get the box in, we lowered the seats in the back lowered the front seats and took the headrests off and it slipped right in. It was a close snug fit, but **** did it look good.

I already had my first AQ HDC 3.0 before I got the box built. Man after never being able to hold a real subwoofer like this with a massive motor/magnet, I was in shock. It weighed so much, I really couldn't believe it, I was going to need help getting it out of the box and into my car lol.

I know theirs bigger, and better, but coming from brand-named stuff life alpine, which at the time I thought was huge, to this beast, all the emotions were going crazy. I'm worse than a woman.

I went with the HDC 3.0 1 Ohm DVC Copper subs, I could either wire one which is all I have at the time to .5 or 2 ohms, I wasn't sure about that impedance on an Hifonics Brutus so I stuck with the 900 watts @ 2 ohms.

http://i45.tinypic.com/346qkn8.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/3531kwn.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wwg2fq.jpg

s3th
02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Once I get the second Dual 1 Ohm sub, which thanks to jfroghobo, my second one is on its way, and will hopefully be here this friday. 200 Bucks out the door for a brand new DVC 1 OHM HDC 3, can't beat that!!!!!! I can then wire one sub series which I already have and the one I am getting in parallel for a final impedance of 1 ohm into the amplifier. Right now thats only 600 watt per sub off the hifonics brutus but I figured go ahead and get another sub then save up for electrical next. I plan on getting an AQ 2200 for both, then eventually get each sub their own 2200 Watts of power after full break-in.

I forgot to mention that as of now I also have Alpine Type-R Components in the door, and my rear fill is still stock speakers which I'm not sure what else to do with front and rear fill for now. Also laying around I have a few sheets of some dynamat which I plan on doing my license plate and some spots around each door speaker and some panels on the inside. I don't need it as much now, but once I get some mid-bass and more tweeters in I will worry a lot more about sound-deadening later.

I will take pictures tomorrow around my lunch break of the sub sitting in the car, and the setup, I have a wooden plug with some foam and a few screws in place for the other hole until I get my other 12. Hope you guys will check back every month or so to see whats up.

Things to look for, new wheels/plasti-dipped stock wheels, floor LED lighting, box carpeting, varnishing, amplifier mounting, extra batterys and h/o alt installation, Smoked tail/headlights/foglights. The main reason this could be a long investment is I save up and buy a little as I go. However, I have a deployment coming up around the end of this year, I should come back with about 10-18$ grand, and after that the real fun begins, and I can fill in all the gaps.

THANKS FOR READING CHECK BACK MONTHLY FOR UPDATES!!!!

Dtrom
02-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Awesome man. Gonna be loud as hell. Do your back seats fold down in that car?

Dtrom
02-25-2013, 05:02 AM
Oh and how do you like the brutus amp?

RicksI30
02-25-2013, 05:05 AM

They do ;)

I'm interested in seeing the results!

QueSound15
02-25-2013, 05:42 AM
Great start. Gonna be loud as hell!!!

Also my buddy is being deployed later this year too, in August, he is being deployed to Egypt. Good luck with that man.

s3th
02-25-2013, 08:56 AM

Yes the seats do fold down, I love to ride like that, it's louder you can see the port and amp and it blows a lot of air around. Usually a fun site seeing my fiances hair moving around with only 900 watts of power.

Oh and how do you like the brutus amp?

I love it, I've had it on two different type-r's, the most recent which I've blown, and a Type-X, which it pushed at 1 ohm without any problems ever. Now it's pushing this beast aswell on 900 watts at 2 ohms with no problem either. I've ran the heck out of this amp and I have never had any problems, at all. But I might be getting rid of it soon if possible to help fund my next amp.

Thanks for reading. :]

s3th
02-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately it's raining like hell to day, the one day I was going to do a little photoshoot of the car and it's pouring outside. Hopefully around lunch time at work or after work today I can get a chance to take some pics of the box in the trunk or take a few pictures of the sub. Secretly, I don't want to show you guys yet because it looks ugly with the other sub not in there yet. But I'll see what I can do.

Also jfroghobo shipped out that HDC 3 for me yesterday, I was going to have to wait until friday to buy it from him, but I was able to get the money early, so I went ahead and paid him and he sent it already. At the latest my second HDC 3 should be here friday and I can cover that ugly hole with another massive 12.

I know some people won't like this but the only bad thing about the subwoofer I am getting from him is the older style that says AQ on the front which I like better, but I also have the sub from where they started doing the new soundqubed subs. So the only thing that might be ugly is the two different dustcaps, but as long as it beats I am stoked.

Also upcoming, I am in the process of figuring out how to get this big 3 actually done to my car, I have said in previous threads that I started, the battery to this car is in the trunk. The wires to my amplifiers and the battery are short, but when I do the big 3 the run that has to go from alternator positive to battery positive is going to be 12 ft long. So thats a big project on how to get it through the firewall in it's self. :wallbash: ANYWAYS

I'll take some videos/pics whenever I get the sub this week.

s3th
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Well the LED on my 300$ kit finally went out after only a year of use. Turns out its not just a little blue bulb that can be replaced easily. It's some kind of module that projects a blue light or some kind, something I can't replace easily. I'll have to buy a whole new kit send the one I got back, install the new one. Then when they get the kit back to the manufacture, they will refund me, except the shipping. Hopefully this new one will last longer than a year. My warranty was up as well I'm lucky they are even allowing this to happen.

My second HDC 3 will finally be on it's way tomorrow hopefully and if all goes well it will be here Friday or Saturday. I am excited to cover this hole up with another **** 12" AQ sub.

On a good note, it finally stopped raining after going hard for 2 days straight. If it's still like this when I get off work today, I might actually have a chance to throw a video up and some pics of the actually box and sub in the car.

Stay tuned :cool:

s3th
02-26-2013, 05:49 PM
So heres a few pics as promised of what it looks like on the inside, my whole trunk is literally gone for the sake of audio. Oh well, I don't have kids and can use the back seats for groceries. The only thing that ***** is getting the box in and out of car to put new equipment in, like an amp(s) and extra battery(s) I have just enough rough on each side of the box for something. I might have to get creative maybe I can put an amp under my car seat with a few fans and hopefully it wont get too warm... Any suggestions? If anything I can mount an amp on top of the box I got enough room between the top of the box and the rear deck speakers for probably a couple good sized amps.

Without further ado

http://i53.tinypic.com/ne82af.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/fdbq0m.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2rbz4p4.jpg

And just because shes cute as hell heres my pet pig :D

http://i53.tinypic.com/an0gzm.jpg

I'm going to be outside in a bit with the video camera so I can take a video of this baby slappin.

bubbagumper6
02-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Nice, I just bought a 2010 LT1 V6 a couple weeks ago. There is actually a second dash kit available now made by Scosche that has a touch screen for the climate controls that I'm waiting for (out of stock everywhere). But it looks pretty slick and a little cleaner than all the buttons on the Metra kit. 2010 2011 2012 2013 Camaro Scosche Dash Kit Double Din Radio Upgrade with Touchscreen (http://www.phastekperformance.com/2010-2011-2012-Camaro-Scosche-Dash-Kit-Double-Din-p/scosche-camaro-dash-kit.htm)

Planning on some nice fiberglass work for mine eventually (probably this summer) but gotta get that dang dash kit first, haha. Looking forward to following your build.

Also, here's my baby :)
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/859186_10200710599113654_1345180055_o.jpg

04murdalanche
03-07-2013, 01:36 AM
For amps you should look at Rockfords PBR line for a 4 channel. They fit in your hand and do more than rated. Nice lil amps

s3th
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Ok so It's been like a week, I finally got my second HDC 3 a few days ago, running them at 1 ohm to a Hifonics 1200 watt. For now I am satisfied and I am back to upgrading my front stage. I have a friend with a ford explorer with a good amount of power running to his components and turns out he has the same ones as me and those things get extremely loud. I am currently looking for an amp to power my components so I can get them off my H/U and get them the clean, loud power they deserve. I can turn most songs up to about 30 out of 40 on my Head Unit before I hear some hissing froma few songs so I keep it a bit below that. I don't like going to full volume on my Head Unit so, if I get these Type-Rs some watts hopefully they will be enough to hurt my ears at lower levels.

I'm stuck at what amp to get though, I have never wired Components before to an amp, from what I've gathered it's going to be Tweeters to CrossOvers To the (T+ AND T-) then The 6.5 Woofers to the CrossOvers ( W+ AND W-) then the + AND - Input to the + and - on the amplifier. Can someone confirm if this is correct? Also do I need a 4 channel amp or a 2 channel amp for components? Also, If I plug the Pos and Neg from each set of components into an amp, the final impedance of 4 ohms will split the power evenly between the 4 speakers, or how does that work?

So http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/566067-precision-power-p600-2-190w-x-2-600w-x-1-a.html 190 W at 4 Ohms will give each speaker ( Woofer/Tweeter) roughly 45 Watts?

DB-Audio
03-09-2013, 07:15 AM
looks nice man any vids

hunter081
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
looks great, good detail on post. Im excited to see what you meter at, if, you do meter it

s3th
03-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I plan on doing a video either today or tomorrow sometime, Im about to get some footwell blue LED lighting for the driver and passenger sides next Tuesday. I am pretty excited about that, and I am thinking about hitting up someone for a Precision Power P900.4 for my Type R Components will give each speaker a good amount of power once I get them wired up. I mean the aftermarket headunit is only providing maybe 5 WRMS to each so going from that to about 125 W to each speaker, they are going to scream.

For now like I said I am pretty happy with my sub stage, but I am still looking for an amp(s) to power my HDC 3 12's. I'd also love to get some carpet on that box or get it stained, It looks nice already without carpet though, that and it's going to be a huge pain in the asssss to get the box in and out of the car again.

I'm trying to decide between a PP p600.2 or a PP p900.4 for my components!!!

E-Rock
03-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Nice Camaro dude. Love that box and port. Good luck on the deployment.

As for amps. If you plan on just using the passive components I would just do the P600.2. In a car that small you don't need rear fill. An amp will make those components come to life.

Can't wait for the video. :D

s3th
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
If you plan on just using the passive components I would just do the P600.2. In a car that small you don't need rear fill.

What do you mean by that, I figured with the p900.4 I'd have more headroom for the components right?

NASTY08IMPALA
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Get the 900.4 and run active ..and hes saying with such a small cabin u dont need rear speakers just run a nice 2 way setup up front

s3th
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Get the 900.4 and run active ..and hes saying with such a small cabin u dont need rear speakers just run a nice 2 way setup up front

Oh yea I balance all the sound to the front so my rear speakers are not even used, I was wondering if I should just unplug them anyway?

Also I was going to make a thread asking for help but might as well ask here since you can help me. When I do get the new p900.4 sometime next week... Seeing how I have never wired more than one amp to a single car.

Do I need a relay for multiple remote wires, or can I just put a new remote wire into the same terminal into the same one as the sub amp, and daisy chain it over to the p900? For the ground wire should I get a new ground wire and bolt it to the same ground with a ring terminal and wingnut, or sand paper a new ground somewhere? The power wire from the battery, do I need a distribution block, so run the 0 gauge power wire from batter to inline fuse to distribution block then one wire to sub and one to speaker amp? Do I need to hook up more RCA's from the headunit to the new amp or can I just run rca's from the outputs on my Brutus 1200 to the new amp? Since its a 4 channel amp, do I need to use all 4 RCA inputs on the P900 or only 2 ?

NASTY08IMPALA
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
U can jump the remote wires ...u can ground to same point ..and yes use a distro to go to each amp..and yea u need 4 ch rcas for the 900.4 need to run a new set from the hu

s3th
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I heard using the same ground point can cause noise is that true?

E-Rock
03-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Yeah I meant if you don't plan on running active to go with a 2ch. But if you want that option go with the 4ch which it looks like you have.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-14-2013, 10:07 PM
I heard using the same ground point can cause noise is that true?

Ive never had problem of course all my grounds are at my rear battery bank

s3th
03-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Fail JL amp.... I thought they were trustworthy

s3th
03-17-2013, 03:38 PM
After a lot of planning and headaches of what to do, I got a brand new Jl 360/2 for my Type R door speakers for now. I figured out a trick, instead of running brand new wire from the crossovers from the door all the way to the back of my car I can just stick with the wire already ran in the car. I am removing my rear deck speakers because I no longer use them, cut those wires. I take out my H/U and from the wires I cut my front door speaker wires and my rear deck speaker wires off the harness. Then I splice the two together, Front and Rear deck speaker wires. Now I have a connection to the rear deck speaker holes, so I can just run the 2 channels straight from the amp into my trunk and into the rear deck wires. Vuala I just saved my butt a crap ton of work wiring new runs of speaker wire to the back. I am just going to test the factory wire for now and see how it is, I can upgrade later on.

Another trick is, instead of running a whole new RCA run from h/u back to the amp, I just disconnected the sub right/left from the head unit while I am back there splicing wires and hook them up to my front right left speaker inputs, done. Now with the Mini RCA hook ups, I daisy chain from output of my sub amp to input on my front stage amp. I lose a few options to adjust the sub head unit wise, but no big deal. I learn something new everyday.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2igksgl.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m61gep.jpg

Well after a lot of work just getting it set up, the amp doesn't even turn on... I tried unhooking the sub amp and then just moving those same wires to the Jl because I know everything works and the green power light is not coming on. I tried jumping the remote wire and stuff as well still nothing. I can't get a new one until next week so I asked around local car audio on facebook. They suggested maybe the green led is just bad, so they talked me into buying a dmm. I went to walmart and bought the cheapest one I could find. After a whole day of failure yesterday, hopefully today I will figure something out.

jteske88
03-17-2013, 04:57 PM
you could always just send it to me, for you know shipping cost lol

CHEMMINS
03-17-2013, 05:23 PM
That port is cool, but not round.......

Great car. Wife want's one as well. After I pay off the Touareg she can get one. Probably be the ZL1.

2Dcore
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
When u wire ur subs do u mean u want to wire one up and one down on the same amp?

s3th
03-18-2013, 12:00 AM
When u wire ur subs do u mean u want to wire one up and one down on the same amp?

What do you mean?

RangerDangerV2
03-18-2013, 12:39 AM
subs up is usually a very poor configuration for trunks... and the port is cool, but not round, may not affect much but it could.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

otherwise its pretty cool, glad to see people are still learning these days.

s3th
03-18-2013, 04:33 AM
subs up is usually a very poor configuration for trunks... and the port is cool, but not round, may not affect much but it could.

Subs up was the only way to go for the camaro as the car is really small. Also in their specific position it allowed me to put the subs in without pulling the box out as that would of caused a lot of trouble. The box was a perfect fit, barely made it, after removed headrests lowering the driver and passenger seat as far as it would go. Also the round port saves more space than a slotted/vent port was able to get a few extra cubes that way if I remember correctly. So in the case of a very small trunk on the 2010 camaro, this was the only way to fit 2 big asss hdc 3's in that car without walling off the backseats.

2Dcore
03-18-2013, 08:05 AM
What do you mean?
Sorry me being stupid i read it to fast, I get what u saying now your going to wire both subs up to 2ohm to come together at 1ohm. Nice job on the craftsmanship of the box. I like the wood port.

RangerDangerV2
03-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Subs up was the only way to go for the camaro as the car is really small. Also in their specific position it allowed me to put the subs in without pulling the box out as that would of caused a lot of trouble. The box was a perfect fit, barely made it, after removed headrests lowering the driver and passenger seat as far as it would go. Also the round port saves more space than a slotted/vent port was able to get a few extra cubes that way if I remember correctly. So in the case of a very small trunk on the 2010 camaro, this was the only way to fit 2 big asss hdc 3's in that car without walling off the backseats.

O really... I didnt know that round ports save space!?!?! Lulz, you probably should have just gone with an precision port aero port. would have saved you much more time and looked a lot cleaner.... Give me your max dims and Ill see what I can come up with. (subs forward, port side most likely)

s3th
03-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry me being stupid i read it to fast, I get what u saying now your going to wire both subs up to 2ohm to come together at 1ohm. Nice job on the craftsmanship of the box. I like the wood port.

Unfortunately I didn't create the box, it was the idea of a local audiophile by the name of Mark Stephens, he's good at what he does and he's young as well. So for the circumstances for which it called, he did a good job. Plus according to him the wood port was time consuming, a lot of measuring, cutting, moving etc to make it bendable.

O really... I didnt know that round ports save space!?!?! Lulz, you probably should have just gone with an precision port aero port. would have saved you much more time and looked a lot cleaner.... Give me your max dims and Ill see what I can come up with. (subs forward, port side most likely)

I'm not sure if that first comment was sarcasm, lol, I am just a messenger and thats what I was told. Plus, I like being able to turn around and throw **** into the port for the passengers. They love seeing Micky D's bags get shredded to pieces with only minimal power to these subs. I'm excited for the extra power that shall follow the build in the future. I just got to find a place to fit my batteries and amps and theirs very little room left on each side of the box.

I've always ever been in cars with ports forward or rearward, never to the side, I know bass is omni-directional so that shouldn't matter. But I foresee the side of my car taking a beating instead of the trunk and wouldn't that just look awkward from the outside? Wouldn't that decrease the clarity of the bass? Also subs forward would be nice to turn around and look at instead of a port as well, but like I said the box I have now which I figured would happen, was a bish to get in that hole of the trunk. The backseats don't lay down completely flat so I had to slide the box in at like a 3˚ upward difference which in turn was scraping the rear deck on the way in for a VERY tight fit. Once the box was in it though it has more room to move a little bit but not much. Also, like I said the upward firing subs made it so I could open my trunk and slide the subs in through that way, if not the subs cones would of scratched the rear deck, once again it was scraping the top of the box on the way in.

But these dimensions are not of my own, they were from other camaro owners with the same year and model as mine. It may vary by an inch or so. It's pouring a rain outside right now or I would go and do it myself.

Trunk/Cargo 11.3 cubic feet total
Opening of Trunk:

33" Wide
16" Long (Front to Back)
16 1/2" Depth (From Top Most Point to Floor)

Inside Trunk:

53" Wide
44" Long

Seats Folded Down:

68" (From Rear Most Trunk Wall to Edge of Folded Down Seats Inside of Vehicle)

Opening of Trunk Space With Seats Folded Down (From Inside Vehicle):

38" Wide
11" Tall (Top to Bottom)

s3th
04-09-2013, 04:51 AM
So for the first time ever I am finally starting to see voltage drops on my DCIM which has a built in one. I've always hovered around 14.1-14.4 volts with a 1200 watt hifonics. I added the JL amp and started powering my door speakers and still had no problems with voltage dropping. A few days ago I got some upgraded RCA's and at first was using one run of RCA's and daisy chaining both amps only problem is I was losing some of the subwoofer options on my H/U. Now that I got the second run I can actively control both of the amps separately. Since I got the new RCA's I'd figured I'd go ahead and buy a new bass knob and I went with the PAC LC-1 and removed my stock bass knob that came with the hifonics. I had to buy a small set of extra RCA's because I didn't know the LC-1 had an input and an output, but I took care of it.

Well anyway on the way back from the beach with a few friends on the interstate radio not really full blast, my lights go out the radio cuts off, I lose power steering and gas, my breaks were really hard to apply. Luckily it was late and no cars were near so I pumped the breaks and drove into the shoulder. The first thing that I did was flip the car key switch over to look at the voltage and it was at like only 12v...? Anyway I started the care back up and like normal drove home and it never dropped below 13 after that. Ever since then the voltage when I turn up the stereo drops quickly below 14.4 volts to about 13-12.6 volts, and then suddenly when I am close to parking the voltage starts to jump back up to about 13.5 -14.2. So my voltage is very sporadic as you can see, and I closely monitor it from now on listening to music because I don't want my car to do that again one day and scare the **** out of me especially in traffic.

So I don't know if the new set of RCA runs is what kicked the power over the curb and now my alt is having trouble keeping up or its a mixture of the knew PAC and the new RCA runs.

Well anyway what should I do next, I still need to do the big 3 especially if I ever want to kick up the notch on these two subs. I am still currently using the hifonics 1200 so about 600 watts a piece to each sub. I want to eventually put about 1500-2000 to each sub individually. My stock alternator I believe is 140 amps, after the big three would that be the next best route to save up for? How many amps should a good H/O alternator be if I am trying to run several 1500-2000 watt amps and 500-1000 watt front stage amp. Also why the hell are alternators so **** expensive, I seen a h/o one for my car by DC power at 270 amps and it's almost 700$?

I am surfing the forums for answers as I type, but any quick links or advice would be appreciated.

s3th
04-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Double post sorry