PDA

View Full Version : Please help a Newbie with 6.5" Components!

jph3
02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi - Sound the newbie alarm!!! But, I'd would really appreciate some guidance.

I was very in to car audit when I was a kid . . . had an awesome system in an old Jeep that I loved. But that was nearly 20 years ago. Now I have a 2006 Pathfinder, and I want an awesome sounding system in that thing. I'm not in need of major bump, but my musical tastes are pretty broad.

So, the first choices I would like to make is for the front stage. (The Pioneer HU I have is ok enough for now.) My old system had MB QUART 5 1/4 components in it and I LOVED how they sounded. But I understand they aren't the same company they used to be.

Does anyone have experience with the MB Quart QS 216? They seem go for around $270 shipped.

Better choices for the money?

Thanks for your help!!!

zako
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
It's hard to say without giving a listen. Pasmag.com gave them a good review, although the sound was described as "clinical"

http://mbquart.com/pdfs/PAS_Qreview.pdf

Personally, in this price bracket, I'd look at Rockford T3 comps. They also have very good reviews. Both speakers have bi-ampable crossovers. The later's xmax implies decent midbass potential. Another speaker that was having good user reviews is JBL MS-62C. Finally, Hybrid Audio Imagine are pretty good (price is exactly $300 online), but they really need to run active with capable DSP to sound best.

jph3
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Zako. Appreciate the advice... I'm going to look in to the JBLs, cuz I've heard great things about them. And I have used RF amps in the past that I have loved, so I like their brand as well.

Peace.

Hoodlum007
03-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Those MB Quart Q's sound horrible, screetchy nasty tweeters and lacking sq on the set.