PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on AQ/SQ's components speaker set

QueSound15
02-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Just as the title says, they will be here in the next day or so. Wondering what everyone thinks of them.

QueSound15
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Bump

QueSound15
02-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Bump

mlstrass
02-16-2013, 04:45 AM
So you already bought them and now ask how they sound :crazy: And what really matters is what YOU think of them, not anyone else...

I've done a few AQ set ups but it's always been the PA mids and supertweeters.

Do a review once you have them installed/tuned and listen for a few weeks....

QueSound15
02-16-2013, 05:02 AM
I had the coaxils....the tweeters broke and I sent them in for another set. I had been waiting 2 months from AQ to get them in and send me them, so I had them get me these at a discounted rate. I've heard they sound nice.

I'm not sure where I will be mounting the tweeters though, any input or advice on those would be nice

mlstrass
02-16-2013, 05:26 AM
I had the coaxils....the tweeters broke and I sent them in for another set. I had been waiting 2 months from AQ to get them in and send me them, so I had them get me these at a discounted rate. I've heard they sound nice.

I'm not sure where I will be mounting the tweeters though, any input or advice on those would be nice

A pillar or sail panel is where I mount tweets for comp sets. Good deal on getting the comps discounted.

QueSound15
02-16-2013, 06:00 AM
A pillar or sail panel is where I mount tweets for comp sets. Good deal on getting the comps discounted.

I want to mount them in a place that won't require modification. And from the pictures, it looks like the only way of mounting them is screwing them in. I have 3.5" speakers in the dash and was thinking about using their location and making a mount for them in there. Would that work?

mlstrass
02-16-2013, 06:01 AM
I want to mount them in a place that won't require modification. And from the pictures, it looks like the only way of mounting them is screwing them in. I have 3.5" speakers in the dash and was thinking about using their location and making a mount for them in there. Would that work?

Yep that would work. have done that on a few cars...

QueSound15
02-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Yep that would work. have done that on a few cars...

Alright cool. Thanks for the help