PDA

View Full Version : how to run from head unit to amps???

seankurz
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
My head unit's manual only had diagrams for normal mode, 2 way mode, and 3 way mode, which I am attaching photos of. My question is how specifically do I run it the way I have it shown in the other picture?? With the complexity of systems today, I'm sure this is doable but I haven't found anything on how to so far, its been almost a day and a half of searching... :mad::mad:

I will be running a clarion cz702 head unit, an image dynamics CXT component set on an alpine MRX-F65, a matching CTX coaxial set off of an alpine MRP-F300, and a RF 210 sub off of a power acoustic amp (going to upgrafde to RE sub/amp in trunk)

How would I run this all out of the HU, specifically? do I need external hardware, or...?

richericks
02-13-2013, 06:10 PM
What do the high level (speaker) outs do in two or three-way? If it doesn't affect the output of those leads, run the rear speaker high level out from the HU to the Alpine MRP-F300?

mylows10
02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
rca's ,no speaker wires

seankurz
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
rca's ,no speaker wires
I know that much.. someone in another forum said to run the tweeters through the rear rca outs, the mids through the front rca outs, and then run a fullrange signal to the first amp through the rca sub outs that will powers the rear coaxials, then use the rca out on that amp to pass the signal to the sub amp and use the xover on the sub to filter out all but the lows.
does this sound right?

seankurz
02-13-2013, 11:19 PM
What do the high level (speaker) outs do in two or three-way? If it doesn't affect the output of those leads, run the rear speaker high level out from the HU to the Alpine MRP-F300?

could you make less sense please? ;)

UnderFire
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Assuming you are running the Comps passive

Front RCA's to the F65
Rears to the F300
Sub to the Sub amp

seankurz
02-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Assuming you are running the Comps passive

I want to run the comps actively... how do i do that?

UnderFire
02-13-2013, 11:27 PM

Easy ways would be ditch the F300 and run the coax's off the HU, or I just run the tweeters off of the passive crossover to save the headache of tuning.

seankurz
02-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Easy ways would be ditch the F300 and run the coax's off the HU, or I just run the tweeters off of the passive crossover to save the headache of tuning.

how about active- i want to use the TA on the HU for the comps, but also keep the coax speakers and sub..
would the setup i mentioned be okay or is there a better way to achieve what i want to do?
HU rear rca outs>>>alpine MRX-F65>>>tweeters
HU front rca outs>>>alpine MRX-F65>>>mids
HU sub rca outs>>>fullrange signal>>>alpine MRP-F200>>>F300 rca outs>>>sub amp xover to filter out all but the lows.