PDA

View Full Version : questions on ported probox

junior20762003
02-11-2013, 03:53 AM
i have this ported probox 3.75 cu. ft. per side and was wondering if i took a sander and sanded down these baffles

i could maybe gain some deeper bass from the enclosure or will i just F it all up lol im currently running a pair of JL wo 15s on a rockford 1000.1 and its very loud just not deep enough i know the box is a prefab what else to expect from it.... but im waiting on the obsidian 15s to be available and they should be deeper subs plus ill be able to run 1 ohm

thanks

Bettr n' Revrse
02-11-2013, 03:57 AM
i have this ported probox 3.75 cu. ft. per side and was wondering if i took a sander and sanded down these baffles

i could maybe gain some deeper bass from the enclosure or will i just F it all up lol im currently running a pair of JL wo 15s on a rockford 1000.1 and its very loud just not deep enough i know the box is a prefab what else to expect from it.... but im waiting on the obsidian 15s to be available and they should be deeper subs plus ill be able to run 1 ohm

thanks

Simple changing subs isnt going to do anything since sub choice doesnt really have anything to do with how deep they get... You need a custom built box

QueSound15
02-11-2013, 05:21 AM
I agree with ^^^^^^^^ custom will be greatly appreciated by the obsidian's! And if u are going to get a custom box, why not give the sander a whirl on those baffles just for the hell of it? Lol

junior20762003
02-11-2013, 05:22 AM
So I can get deeper and louder with these jls... . Do I use jls specs or is there a program I can use to build the enclosure. . compared to the obsidian subs they should out perform these JLs right?? day and night difference

QueSound15
02-11-2013, 05:27 AM
The obsidian's will definitely out perform those JL's........

And yes, if you want to build a box for the JL's do it to specs, you can get designs from members on here and most can even build it for you! Since I don't have the tools to even mess with getting a program, that's what I would do.

Bettr n' Revrse
02-11-2013, 05:30 AM
So I can get deeper and louder with these jls... . Do I use jls specs or is there a program I can use to build the enclosure. . compared to the obsidian subs they should out perform these JLs right?? day and night difference

There are many vendors here that can do a design for both subs to get the most out of them... I would however go with the Obsidians

junior20762003
02-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Those obsidians require 3.7 cu and the box is supposed to be tuned for 34hz from probox I figured it was just not enough sub

Bettr n' Revrse
02-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Those obsidians require 3.7 cu and the box is supposed to be tuned for 34hz from probox I figured it was just not enough sub

Who knows what the rest of the specs are on it though... Try it but I would rather just get a custom built so I know its done right

junior20762003
02-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Who on here builds them and how much $$$$

SMS
02-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Look into DC creations on the vendor section, also Star mountain.
Think they will give you designs so you can build it yourself, its a good learning expeirence if you have the tools, also will help with your next build.

pro-rabbit
02-11-2013, 09:28 AM
I just skimmed through the thread but this is what I got from it.

Your current setup is not dropping down low enough for your goals. You are also considering a sub change to obsidian... Are both of those correct?

Assuming they are...

You enclosure design will play a huge roll in the output of your subwoofer stage. Increasing the volume, port area, and altering the tuning would be ideal to get the desired response you ate looking for.

Obsidian subs are very nice and for the price are hard to pass up. We have 4 of their 15s currently in our demo truck and they get plenty loud and very deep while still sounding smooth.

However, for consideration, I would suggest measuring out the area you have for an enclosure so we can help you make the best choice possible for subs and enclosure to meet your goals. No since in buying something that you won't be able to properly run. Also, what kind of vehicle are these going in and on what amp?

junior20762003
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I just skimmed through the thread but this is what I got from it.

Your current setup is not dropping down low enough for your goals. You are also considering a sub change to obsidian... Are both of those correct?

Assuming they are...

You enclosure design will play a huge roll in the output of your subwoofer stage. Increasing the volume, port area, and altering the tuning would be ideal to get the desired response you ate looking for.

Obsidian subs are very nice and for the price are hard to pass up. We have 4 of their 15s currently in our demo truck and they get plenty loud and very deep while still sounding smooth.

However, for consideration, I would suggest measuring out the area you have for an enclosure so we can help you make the best choice possible for subs and enclosure to meet your goals. No since in buying something that you won't be able to properly run. Also, what kind of vehicle are these going in and on what amp?

yea looking for deep lows...this box is more high to mid and no low...and yea im gonna get those obsidian 15s but there not available till june of this year.. so in the mean time i could give a good box a try...the amp im running is a rockford punch 1000.1 but im looking into the sundown 2500d... and its in a 2011 chevy crewcab silverado

pro-rabbit
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Do you plan on building your own enclosure(based off your design or a purchased design)? Or do you plan to just purchase a full custom built enclosure?

junior20762003
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
whats the cost for a design will the design have a 3-d picture step by step... and what about a price on a built box