PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with question regarding new speaker purchase vs. reusing older set

psulioninks
02-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Hi All,

Just registered here, and looking for some advice. I have the following speakers that I've had packed away for 10+ years from an old install:

(1 pair) MB Quart QM 130 TX2 component speaker set
(1 pair) MB Quart QM 130 KN-S coax speaker set

I pulled these from my 1998 Jeep and 1991 Mustang before purchasing my 2000 Pathfinder (never installed them in the Pathfinder).

I also have a JL Audio 12W4-4 sub that is new in the box. It was purchased around the same time as the Quarts, but never utilized.

I know in some instances, the stuff made a while back is favored more than the newer stuff today. I'm looking for opinions on whether it would be best to try to use them in a yet-to-be-determined new vehicle purchase or to opt for something else/newer.

I remember those Quarts sounding really good in the prior vehicles.

I look forward to any input.

Thanks!

Kingstroker
02-08-2013, 10:24 PM
why not use them, have you looked at comparable MB Quarts?

psulioninks
02-08-2013, 10:31 PM
why not use them, have you looked at comparable MB Quarts?

No, I have not. Just trying to get a "feel" for how these might compare to other things more "current" regardless of brand.

mylows10
02-08-2013, 11:06 PM
components in the front doors and the coaxials in the rear ,as for the sub ,the w4 is ok ,but thats about it ,i had one back in the day but wasn't impressed with the power handling or out put

naughtyca
02-09-2013, 12:10 AM
its actually up to you if those will still be sufficient, install them first to see if you like them and if you need more then upgrade, your the only one who can decide if they sound good or not. I know your itching to buy newer stuff thinking technology back then and new stuff with new technology.

Manny G.
09-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Old thread, i know, but if you consider selling the QM130 TX2's, I'll take them off your hands :)