PDA

View Full Version : 2 MMAT procasts design?

ace_800
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Would this work? Sorry for ****** design, at work...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/xconcepts/Untitled_zpsfa1836f0.png

Buck ; double 07 ; pro-rabbit ; TaylorFade ;

pro-rabbit
02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Looks like you are wanting a more SPL style port and then another more daily port the slides it in. If that this the case, then yes, that idea will work. I didn't do any math to check tuning or anything...but the idea works.

ace_800
02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Looks like you are wanting a more SPL style port and then another more daily port the slides it in. If that this the case, then yes, that idea will work. I didn't do any math to check tuning or anything...but the idea works.

Correct, I'm getting 4.9^3 from the12volt off those specs and with a 5" port @48hz would be 9.3" and 2.5" port @34 for be 11.25"

pro-rabbit
02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
What are the port hxw? Seems rather small for port area.

TaylorFade
02-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm good with it. I wonder why more people don't do this, actually.

TaylorPro has an interchangeable port. I can't recall exactly how much louder the SPL alignment is, but it's significant. Funny thing though... his SPL port actually peaks lower than his daily port. But it's still louder. Why? Impedance rise.

I've said it about 9,473 times. You don't tune to a specific freq. You tune for impedance rise. You vehicle is going to peak where it's going to peak. I don't understand why people feel the need to force it to a specific frequency when they could be missing out on thousands of watts by doing so.

But having an interchangeable port, testing will be easy. Do the daily where you want it and don't get hung up on the "tune" for the SPL one. Just test different sizes and lengths until you find your sweet spot.