PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Wiring

darron016
02-07-2013, 02:18 AM
So i'm going to put my 4 channel in my trunk. What is the easiest way to run wire from my front door speakers to the amp? With the door opening and what not, this seems like a hard task?

Also Can I just disconnect the stock wire from the speaker instead of taking out HU and cutting the wire?

Bettr n' Revrse
02-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Depends on the car... I had to drill holes to run mine

tommydh
02-07-2013, 02:25 AM
So i'm going to put my 4 channel in my trunk. What is the easiest way to run wire from my front door speakers to the amp? With the door opening and what not, this seems like a hard task?

Also Can I just disconnect the stock wire from the speaker instead of taking out HU and cutting the wire?
Depending on vehicle you can fish the boot or use the factory wire. I ran speaker wire up to my headunit and tapped my factory wires. Unless you are going SQ or something hug that is fine.

darron016
02-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Fish the boot? IDK what that means..

BETTER REVERSE..
How will drilling holes help me get wire to go to my car door speakers? My worry is that the wire will be hanging and get snapped when I open and close my door.

AxT4430
02-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Fish the boot? IDK what that means..

BETTER REVERSE..
How will drilling holes help me get wire to go to my car door speakers? My worry is that the wire will be hanging and get snapped when I open and close my door.

Drill/bore two equally large and parallel in height holes inn doors and adjacent into car, then use a grommet like the one already present

darron016
02-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Will amping the speakers cause them to clip at an earlier volume setting?

With my speakers on my HU my speakers clip at 25.. If the speakers are even more louder now due to the AMP will it cause the speakers to clip sooner?

TheMayer
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it should still clip at the same volume if the gains are set properly on the amp. The head unit will still clip at the same volume level regardless of what is connected downstream from it.

darron016
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
People are telling me to completely take my REARS out and not even run them since they get drowned out by the bass.. Is this true? Should I just run my fronts?

jungstah
02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
People are telling me to completely take my REARS out and not even run them since they get drowned out by the bass.. Is this true? Should I just run my fronts?

You can leave em in there. unless you're going for sq, you dont need to worry about taking them out

darron016
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Well my rears are aftermarket, I haven't took doors off so im ASSUMING they are stock.. But the guy I bought car from before me had RCA and rears and new HU already in car.. Can i put my REAR 6x9 in my doors?