PDA

View Full Version : hep in building box

wu501
04-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Hey guys, hoping someone could help me out here hopefully. I recently got 2 12" RE HC's and im trying to make a ported box for them. It will be slot ported and i want to know if this sounds about right. Ive used a few programs and calculators i found on the web but i was hoping i could get some input. I would have built the box to re's enclosure but i cant fit that in my xtd cab truck. Here is what i came up with.

Box dimensions-40"Wx15"Hx20"D-i believe this is about 5 cubes internal valume before port/sub displacement.

The vent would be a slot ported vent and would be tuned to 35 hz soo i believe this should be the right vent size: 13"Hx4"Wx15" long assuming the box is 15" tall and im using 1" mdf.

Does this sound right or am i missing something. I ve built numerous sealed boxes, but have never really messed with ported designs till now.

Any help/info/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

wu501
04-18-2004, 05:08 PM
anyone? i know someone on here can help..........

78nova
04-18-2004, 06:27 PM
fill out a price quote form on www.gnomeaudio.com, tell him you want box plans and the space you have and what you want your port tuned to, he will design all of it for $15 so you can make it yourself

yamaha326
04-25-2004, 10:47 PM
hey what program were u using