PDA

View Full Version : A sealed but ported box? Help

BrodieBiking
02-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Hey guys,

Well I have a little issue I would like to clear up. I have a ford f 350 and I'm running 2x NCX VCW 104's behind the rear seat of the truck, and there isn't a lot of room. So I have a sealed box built to the correct dimensions for the woofers. (Sealed=0.65 c ft/sub - ported=1.0 c ft/ sub)

The box has an internal volume of 1.4 cubic feet. Should I keep the box sealed, or could I port the box? If so, what port dimensions?

Thanks!!

ThatChevyGuy
02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
keep the box sealed if thats all the room you have. A ported box will require more airspace

Warren89
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
I honestly have mediocre carpentry skills at best. I found that it was a much better idea to have it built. If you compared my box to 007's you'd notice the difference in sound and quality immediately!!! He puts alot of thought into his products as well. Put your seat back as far as you need it then take some measurements and I bet he'd be able to design you a very nice box. I can honestly say that it was the best investment I've made in my substage

Warren89
02-07-2013, 08:39 PM
And Chevy guy I love that signature. My buddy has woman problems and I've pulled this site up just to repeat it to him!!!