PDA

View Full Version : headunit recommendations

Rainelli
02-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Im looking for a double din with bluetooth I've always gone with kenwood in the past but I've heard good things about pioneer

I was looking at the
kenwood ddx419
Pioneer-AVH-P2400BT
Pioneer-AVH-X3500BHS
Pioneer-AVH-X2500BT

Not sure witch one I've never had a pioneer but I've heard good things and bad things about em. But I've never had a problem with kenwood

E-Rock
02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Might want to check out the Sony 601 and 701 lines. Twistedchild is running one of them iirc. Apparently, Sony is starting to step up their HU game. I was messing with the 601 at Best Buy and it is quite a unit.

Pioneer is a great choice too, now that they are making DDins with 4v preouts.

Rainelli
02-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Ehhhh im just a lil skeptical about Sony. Id rather stick to kenwood.

Rainelli
02-01-2013, 09:28 PM
The only reason I wad considering pioneer is because they seem a lil bit cheaper

E-Rock
02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
I don't blame you being skeptical about Sony based on their other lines of stuff. But I wouldn't mention it if I thought it was going to be a POS. It has some really nice features and Sony is more than capable of producing an excellent receiver even after years of garbage.

Pioneer or Kenwood are great choices, there is also a Clarion DD that is supposed to be pretty nice. Idk how important having 4 volt or above preouts are to you. I'd just look at either of them for the features you want/need.