PDA

View Full Version : having trouble with the SA 6.5CS

luis_88
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
I was hoping you guys could shine some light on cross overs as this is one field i'm not to bright on. Have yet to install these but wanted to know what the letter E on the crossover stood for ? Another thing it has two wires going to different outputs, whats the difference between the one on the left and the one on the right ?

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq83/luis_316/101_0895_zpsa21b779f.jpg

bumppinKota
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
bump. i dont use cross overs so im not any help here

sundownz
01-29-2013, 10:45 AM
E is electrical input; eg: your amplifier

The jumpers have labels on them; one is for the crossover slope (most likely no reason to touch it for 95% of people).

The other is for tweeter level.

They are TIGHT -- be careful if you adjust them to not yank out the pin on the crossover board.

Whytellyou
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I was hoping you guys could shine some light on cross overs as this is one field i'm not to bright on. Have yet to install these but wanted to know what the letter E on the crossover stood for ? Another thing it has two wires going to different outputs, whats the difference between the one on the left and the one on the right ?

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq83/luis_316/101_0895_zpsa21b779f.jpg
The two on the left are your inputs. The two middle ones are you mid outputs. To the right are the tweeter outputs.

bumppinKota
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
E is electrical input; eg: your amplifier

The jumpers have labels on them; one is for the crossover slope (most likely no reason to touch it for 95% of people).

The other is for tweeter level.

They are TIGHT -- be careful if you adjust them to not yank out the pin on the crossover board.

thanks im glad i bumped this at the right time for you to see it.

luis_88
01-29-2013, 10:51 AM
thanks im glad i bumped this at the right time for you to see it.

Thanks kota! but alright another question would i just be better of setting the crossover slope of my sax125.2 ? Just making sure i do it right the first time.