PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum tweeter mounts?

Photonfanatic
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Are there some cool looking aluminum tweeter mounts out there somewhere? I've looked around but the only thing I can come up with is just mounts that come with new tweeters in them. And they're expensive. Not really what I'm looking for. I need some little mounts that I can swivel towards me and mount in my car's A-pillar covers up high.

mlstrass
01-29-2013, 06:08 AM
why wouldn't you glass them in the A pillars?

Photonfanatic
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah I didn't think about using fiberglass instead. Only thing is, the car has a pebbled look on all its surfaces. How would you achieve that with fiberglass?

keep_hope_alive
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Pics of tweeters?

Check out the tweeter sphere thread in SQ section.

mlstrass
01-30-2013, 05:43 AM
Yeah I didn't think about using fiberglass instead. Only thing is, the car has a pebbled look on all its surfaces. How would you achieve that with fiberglass?

SEM and a few other companies make textured paints/base coats to match factory panels...

Bettr n' Revrse
01-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Tweeter pods are a good option as well like KHA said... I think it is Shok that sells aluminum pods but they only fit a few models...

Photonfanatic
01-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Here are the Shoks. I just thought that there were a lot more companies out there making similar products. Didn't turn up any more though.

Shok Pods! Shok Industries (http://shokindustries.com/products/shok-pods/)