PDA

View Full Version : I think my Kenwood is broken

03Bonneville
01-27-2013, 02:43 AM
After working on the amp today, I reconnected the battery and I noticed that my Kenwood KDC-248u head unit was flashing "PROTECT". I read all about how to check to see if any of the speaker wires were shorting from a bad connection. Well, they were all good. I then disconnected all speaker wires from the head unit and the PROTECT was still showing so I am convinced the head unit is fried. Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you

RicksI30
01-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Does that unit have a reset button?

audiobaun
01-27-2013, 04:04 AM
Just about all the new hu have a reset button some where, if not remove the power wiring for approx ten min should do as well

03Bonneville
01-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Just about all the new hu have a reset button some where, if not remove the power wiring for approx ten min should do as well

I have tried everything and I'm convinced it is fried

Kingstroker
01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
contact the company, they may have answers

r0llinlacs
02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
It sounds fried. I am not impressed at all with Kenwood lately. My 595 is a piece of junk. If you plan on taking the faceplate off, do NOT get a Kenwood.

audiobaun
02-09-2013, 07:40 PM
It sounds fried. I am not impressed at all with Kenwood lately. My 595 is a piece of junk. If you plan on taking the faceplate off, do NOT get a Kenwood.

Ya, My 396 is alright for my daily ride...gets the job done,works..But I can see how the continual removal of the faceplate can become an issue, as it is with several units too though.The HU does sound like it needs to be put to rest though, as mentioned..Fried!

r0llinlacs
02-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Ya, My 396 is alright for my daily ride...gets the job done,works..But I can see how the continual removal of the faceplate can become an issue, as it is with several units too though.The HU does sound like it needs to be put to rest though, as mentioned..Fried!

Mine cuts out multiple times every day. Randomly stops reading USB, and the worst part is when the faceplate goes blank and keeps playing, but have no control. And especially ***** when I have the volume cranked and I lose control. Nothing like pounding 147db by a cop and not being able to turn it down...

zako
02-10-2013, 01:42 AM
My X994 head unit's face plate stopped working, even though I almost never removed or even opened the face plate, since I store my music on USB media.

UnderFire
02-10-2013, 02:07 AM
I had a 248 that I hit a bump while playing a CD, and it killed the HU permanently, I stick to Pioneer now.