PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the all new SSA Evil!

soundsolutions
01-25-2013, 10:09 PM
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/images/evil-header.png

When your sub bass goal is nothing but supreme, unrestrained performance without compromise, the choice is the SSA Evil. The capabilities of the SSA Evil put it in very exclusive company at the zenith of the marketplace. This is where you look first for the ultimate ‘ground pounder’ that will not miss or muddy a note. Crisp and clean across the entire frequency range for those demanding outstanding linear performance thanks to an FEA optimized motor.

Employing a massive triple stack motor, five sandwiched 10” progressive Nomex spiders, an anodized vented Aluminum former, a huge 4-layer 4” flat wound Aluminum coil and a towering ‘Venturi’ solid pole, the SSA Evil has the muscle to handle almost anything you can throw at it.

The SSA Evil is also a top pick for extreme level SPL and bass-boxing competitors alike, while still having the composure for the elite home audio projects. A versatile monster that will meet the most critical low frequency demands while achieving extreme output levels when called upon. Sonic performance so vicious, it had to be deemed Evil.

More information: Evil Series (http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/evil.html)

Timmy13091
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Damnnnnnn :yumyum:

TheycallmeJT
01-25-2013, 10:12 PM
**** that thing looks like a beast

RangerDangerV2
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
spendy...

UnderFire
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Holy balls

Phoenix Risen
01-25-2013, 10:17 PM
wow, a 4" coil sub on a ti basket, i never would have thought about doing that...

I wont say anything bad about it, honestly its probably a very nice woofer that will be able to put up some solid performances in a lot of fields.

Trippymane
01-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Awesome another XSv2!

myjaja
01-25-2013, 10:20 PM
I wish y'all had this in a 12. :(

Trippymane
01-25-2013, 10:23 PM

Fi doesn't have the rights to the 12" to style basket.

garretttt4
01-25-2013, 11:20 PM

This. I'd like one but can't do anything but a 12 or smaller atm..... :(

RicksI30
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Looks pretty sweet!

Dtrom
01-25-2013, 11:23 PM
These things look sick!

Sonic.
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Big evil, looks awesome !

audiobaun
01-25-2013, 11:32 PM
man..Those Jokers looks very TASTY!:yumyum:

wErd
01-25-2013, 11:33 PM
**** that alot of money

RicksI30
01-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Awesome another XSv2!

Yeah it must be exactly the same since it looks like it. :nono:

raptor727
01-26-2013, 12:06 AM
**** looking woofers wish:crying: i had the cash

splwj47
01-26-2013, 12:11 AM
people whining about the price. smdh. what do you think you're gonna pay for a 4" coil monster.

sub looks awesome by the way!

RangerDangerV2
01-26-2013, 12:20 AM
people whining about the price. smdh. what do you think you're gonna pay for a 4" coil monster.

sp4 is half the price, with very similar tsp's.... hmmm. apxx is also like 100 less.

RangerDangerV2
01-26-2013, 12:20 AM

sp4 is half the price, with very similar tsp's.... hmmm. apxx is also like 100 less.

TitoThePirate
01-26-2013, 01:05 AM
hey look another ti basket wiht a huge motor and low bl. wicked.

T.I.K
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
freaking sick sub....

@TitoThePirate
is has a low RE so BL^2/Re= 288 huge motor strength dumb ****

its only so many ways to make a subwoofer, so hater can eat a dic

murph
01-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Looks and sounds like the revival of something similar to the Ti Pro.

jaeguerra909
01-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Another xsv2 but at twice the price lol ahh fi oemed woofers gotta love em those tinsels are really unsuccessful tho on the fi sp4 and xsv2 nice low fs tho

jaeguerra909
01-26-2013, 01:07 PM

Well if u take a look at the xsv2 they are in the $400 to $500 range these I **** u not are the same exact woofers and now seeing these I know for sure they are built by fi so they are kinda charging a lot but hey some people will but them just to say they have em

kushy_dreams
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM
freaking sick sub....

@TitoThePirate
is has a low RE so BL^2/Re= 288 huge motor strength dumb ****

its only so many ways to make a subwoofer, so hater can eat a dic

Actually quite the opposite when you figure in the amount of moving mass that the motor has to move

Assuming tsp's are listed for series wiring and also noting that the re of each coil is given so those figures need to be multiplied by 2

lets use the 15 for example:

bl^2/re then divide that by mms

23.3/3.8 (1.9 x2 ) = 142.87 / 431g = .331, which is less than a sa12 (by comparison sa 12 is around .39)

infamous_e46
01-26-2013, 01:35 PM
750 and 800 is good for a beautiful 3200 wrms sub

You guys need to remember what an eclipse ti and ti pro cost new

Yep first the internet fvked up the music biz and now its fvking up the car audio biz

Cheap fvks

murph
01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
750 and 800 is good for a beautiful 3200 wrms sub

You guys need to remember what an eclipse ti and ti pro cost new

Yep first the internet fvked up the music biz and now its fvking up the car audio biz

Cheap fvks

Yes, this is right.

SomeguyinPDX
01-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Sound Solutions Audio,
Since these are new and do not have a ton of exposure yet, I am willing to let you use my vehicle as a beta tester of sorts. I will build a new box just to show them off and make them look pretty. Just go ahead and send me 1 or 2 of the 15's to review and make a bunch of youtube videos showing them off (I will even pay the shipping!). I really think this is a Win Win for both of us, don't you?

Trippymane
01-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah it must be exactly the same since it looks like it. :nono:

Yeah your right let me correct myself.... XSv3 lmfao I'm sure its a completely different.

denim
01-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Man, we must have hired a bunch of people over the weekend I didn't know about as only a few people at the factory and SSA know the details.

Some needed corrections:

- The SSA 'Punishers' (the original prototypes/production versions of the SSA Evil's), that have been out for nearly 3 years now, came before the Crossfire and before the Fi models that "LOOK" the same. There has not been a single failure of the 'Punishers', so there is zero issues with the leads from our experience. Therefore, we are not copying anyone or anything, or just changing a dust cap.

- I am not going to go through the differences between the Evil and the Crossfire for a couple of reasons, one being legal as we don't have an NDA with Crossfire, and two, I don't have a Crossfire unit torn down in front of me to list the differences. But I do love how skilled people are in knowing exactly what a sub woofer is made up of and it's internal design and schematics from only seeing a photo online. I wish I was that talented. ;)

- I would also love to see where Crossfire is selling their model for $400 / $500, because when I checked, it appeared to be for $1200ish +shipping, yet our's is under $800 SHIPPED. People have no understanding how costly these are to build but are very quick to criticize the pricing.

RicksI30
01-28-2013, 03:26 PM
- The SSA 'Punishers' (the original prototypes/production versions of the SSA Evil's), that have been out for nearly 3 years now, came before the Crossfire and before the Fi models that "LOOK" the same. There has not been a single failure of the 'Punishers', so there is zero issues with the leads from our experience. There for, we are not copying anyone or anything, or just changing a dust cap.

I almost said this, but I wasn't positive.

T.I.K.
01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Man, we must have hired a bunch of people over the weekend I didn't know about as only a few people at the factory and SSA know the details.

Some needed corrections:

- The SSA 'Punishers' (the original prototypes/production versions of the SSA Evil's), that have been out for nearly 3 years now, came before the Crossfire and before the Fi models that "LOOK" the same. There has not been a single failure of the 'Punishers', so there is zero issues with the leads from our experience. Therefore, we are not copying anyone or anything, or just changing a dust cap.

- I am not going to go through the differences between the Evil and the Crossfire for a couple of reasons, one being legal as we don't have an NDA with Crossfire, and two, I don't have a Crossfire unit torn down in front of me to list the differences. But I do love how skilled people are in knowing exactly what a sub woofer is made up of and it's internal design and schematics from only seeing a photo online. I wish I was that talented. ;)

- I would also love to see where Crossfire is selling their model for $400 / $500, because when I checked, it appeared to be for $1200ish +shipping, yet our's is under $800 SHIPPED. People have no understanding how costly these are to build but are very quick to criticize the pricing.
Expecting a 3k+ rms sub to be lesss than $500 is stupid.

slim2fattycake
01-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Seriously, these people throwing **** outta their *** need something to back it up. Don't take anyone's word on the intrawebs.

wickedwitt
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
I have never owned an SSA product, nor do stand to gain from this statement. However, to you morons speaking of its price, have you ever priced an actual 4" VC sub on this caliber? The only one remotely close in price SP Audio, and they are hard to get in the US. Tantric is ballpark, but just as "new" to the market. XSv2 are much more unless bought used. B2 is nearly twice this.

If you aren't building them yourselves, you cannot get a woofer of this calibre for significantly less. There are no ifs, ands or butts about it.

05trailblazer
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
man i just might get me some 18s!!!!! they are beeffffyyy asss fffffffuuckkk :)

jaeguerra909
01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
I have a cashiers check sent for $1000 to crossfire for two v2's I have no reason to lie at all jusr beinf honest man the price is way roo steep **** even $600 would be kinda reasonable I have 4 torn apart cones ill send to u and u can do ur little comparison same motor as well looks mayne slightly bigger but not $400 bigger

denim
01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
I have a cashiers check sent for $1000 to crossfire for two v2's I have no reason to lie at all jusr beinf honest man the price is way roo steep **** even $600 would be kinda reasonable I have 4 torn apart cones ill send to u and u can do ur little comparison same motor as well looks mayne slightly bigger but not $400 bigger

I understand what you are saying, but again sorry, but the price is not too steep. Crossfire must be blowing them out at their cost or for a loss, as that is not the MAP or MSRP. If I cannot get an SSA Evil (my own brand) to my own door step for your claimed $400, that should tell you something.

Serpent710
01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Please someone have these at SBN..:yumyum:

jaeguerra909
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
I understand what you are saying, but again sorry, but the price is not too steep. Crossfire must be blowing them out at their cost or for a loss, as that is not the MAP or MSRP. If I cannot get an SSA Evil (my own brand) to my own door step for your claimed $400, that should tell you something.
Well maybe ur right maybe crossfirw left them because the uped the prices on woofers and saw they were all failing any ways I really dont know because companys are sexretive about thier cost

denim
01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Please someone have these at SBN..:yumyum:

4 'prototypes' have been the last 2 years. ;)

denim
01-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Well maybe ur right maybe crossfirw left them because the uped the prices on woofers and saw they were all failing any ways I really dont know because companys are sexretive about thier cost

Material cost go up constantly, so that is not the reason. As I know based on basket availability as we share a basket clearly and how it effected our launch date. Please speak with the guys in Vegas for the correct reason why they are no longer choosing to build for Crossfire.

pro-rabbit
01-29-2013, 05:01 PM

You do know that many many people had good success with the crossfire subs right? You also know that the idea behind owning a company(a real company not a play or fake one) is to have it sustain it's self with out the aid of outside income as well as being able to afford to pay yourself and any employees. If your entire "beef" with SSA is price then you are pretty far off the mark, you should go after the main stream companies that have large marketing budgets they have to pay for by increasing the MSRP every chance they get.

Serpent710
01-29-2013, 05:31 PM
4 'prototypes' have been the last 2 years. ;)

More than likely I got my *** whipped by them without even knowing it!

JBLCAMRY
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
best subs we have had the pleasure of using to date. we have been putting them trough the ringer for a few years now with not one single issue.

JL Audio
03-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I want an ssa proto sub to mess with....

denim
03-31-2013, 12:57 AM
I want an ssa proto sub to mess with....

There are none right now.

JL Audio
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
There are none right now.

Better make me one! Yup.