PDA

View Full Version : a couple ?'s for a new box!

bowhunter
01-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Gonna be starting a new box for a project in shop class here in the next couple days... built my first ported box around christmas and was suprised as to how good it turned out...
here's the questions...
I have 2 obsidian 15's on a hifonics brutus brz2100.1 at 1 ohm...
1. what would be the best setup and tuning in a 1996 extended cab dodge ram w/ back seat removed (subs up, port up. subs forward, port to the side. etc...)
2. Is there any difference between making the box out of mdf or birch, sound wise?
3. I know im not getting 2100 watts out of my amp but i also know im giving them more power than rms, should my box be on the bigger or smaller side?

4OZGLOVES
01-22-2013, 11:08 PM
3.25 to 3.5 per sub 14 inches of port per , and subs up port up for daily.

4OZGLOVES
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Should have no real sound difference between mdf and birch. Birch is just lighter which isn't a big deal in a truck.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:11 PM
subs up port up for sure. port center.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:12 PM
You could do around 7-8ft3 net volume and be just fine. I would do a rather generous amount of port area though.

Subs forward with port up or subs up with port up will work nicely.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q513/bumpin101/2ns12skerfcap_zps3e766ca5.png
like this.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't double up on the port walls...no need for that.

I would consider port on drivers side with subs forward as my first option though.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't double up on the port walls...no need for that.

I would consider port on drivers side with subs forward as my first option though.

says the guy who designs me a wall and doesnt interlock any of the joints...

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:19 PM
says the guy who designs me a wall and doesnt interlock any of the joints...

Do you really want to start that war? I promise it won't go as you think it will.

BTW that design was based 100% on what you wanted even after I told you not to do it.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Do you really want to start that war? I promise it won't go as you think it will.

BTW that design was based 100% on what you wanted even after I told you not to do it.

I know this. but you did not interlock the glue joints. so coming at me about strength of an enclosure is useless. and btw, I never even used your design.

Why So Cereal?
01-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Is this really about to happen?

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
I know this. but you did not interlock the glue joints. so coming at me about strength of an enclosure is useless. and btw, I never even used your design.

I know you didn't you altered back to what I originally suggested then sold your subs before you finished it.

The way I originally designed it was 100% perfect...then you pushed to have alterations made because you thought you knew what you were doing...you didn't. The ending result was a design that I told you not to do at all.

Next time you try and "call some one out", take the time to tell the entire story before you simply look like most of your help you post.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
yup.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM

It won't here, I will tell him to take it to the dome if he really wants to have a rather lengthy thread that shows how much misinformation he posts on this forum.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
I know you didn't you altered back to what I originally suggested then sold your subs before you finished it.

The way I originally designed it was 100% perfect...then you pushed to have alterations made because you thought you knew what you were doing...you didn't. The ending result was a design that I told you not to do at all.

Next time you try and "call some one out", take the time to tell the entire story before you simply look like most of your help you post.
I am talking about the outer glue joints dustin. you should have interlocked them and you know that. I tweaked the design yes, i am not denying that. what I am saying is that you should not come at me about strength when you cannot even interlock glue joints on a wall.

gckless
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
:popcorn:

Those NSv2's are good enough to put in the truck free air. As long as they have 19 spiders.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
:popcorn:

Those NSv2's are good enough to put in the truck free air. As long as they have 19 spiders.

25 actually...

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
I am talking about the outer glue joints dustin. you should have interlocked them and you know that. I tweaked the design yes, i am not denying that. what I am saying is that you should not come at me about strength when you cannot even interlock glue joints on a wall.

I didn't take the time to interlock the joints on the new design as I completely changed the whole thing to fit your "wants". For what you were doing, it would have been 100% fine is what I am saying. If you don't believe me build it. If it fails I will cover all expenses for that box and the new one.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
I didn't take the time to interlock the joints on the new design as I completely changed the whole thing to fit your "wants". For what you were doing, it would have been 100% fine is what I am saying. If you don't believe me build it. If it fails I will cover all expenses for that box and the new one.

so I pay you 50 bucks... and you dont take your time. wow, great cs dustin, great cs.

Why So Cereal?
01-22-2013, 11:33 PM
so I pay you 50 bucks... and you dont take your time. wow, great cs dustin, great cs.

you missed the entire point of that post.

pro-rabbit

I didn't tell you to pay that, you did on your own.

Then you had me design what was it 4 different versions(not altered version..totally different)....then you said I want this one...now.... Right now

It was designed based around what you wanted...not what I thought would work best or perform best. Thus what was designed would have worked with in the designed requirements.

bowhunter
:popcorn: hey i just had a couple questions but i like where this is going!

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:35 PM
I didn't tell you to pay that, you did on your own.

Then you had me design what was it 4 different versions..then you said I want this one...now.... Right now

the only things that had to change was port placement and some minor dims because I had to re measure....

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:36 PM
:popcorn: hey i just had a couple questions but i like where this is going!

I would do some google searches for what worked best for some SPL guys, then look at what some of guys liked for daily...you will find that some things will cross over and others won't.

Personally, I like subs forward and port up for daily.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM
the only things that had to change was port placement and some minor dims because I had to re measure....

Which had to change various characteristics of the design.

Once you decided what you wanted it was designed around that. You keep dancing around the fact that it would have not failed what so ever. It would have been just fine with absolutely no issues what so ever. Well aside from a lack of output based on sub/port location anyway.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM
I would do some google searches for what worked best for some SPL guys, then look at what some of guys liked for daily...you will find that some things will cross over and others won't.

Personally, I like subs forward and port up for daily.
up and up center was loudest to the ear for me. sub up port side was okay, didnt like too much though. sub up port to drivers side was also pretty loud.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:39 PM
up and up center was loudest to the ear for me. sub up port side was okay, didnt like too much though. sub up port to drivers side was also pretty loud.

You're also talking about a small truck to a large truck. You have to remember that cabin size and other difference will affect how it performs. Just because a ranger liked one thing does not mean a S10 or full size will like the same.

The other perk of subs forward is the ability to slim down the depth of the enclosure some as well...helps if you like to have your seat back a bit.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Which had to change various characteristics of the design.

Once you decided what you wanted it was designed around that. You keep dancing around the fact that it would have not failed what so ever. It would have been just fine with absolutely no issues.

im talking about the fact that you cannot come at me about strength when you cannot properly draw the joints on an enclosure. I dont care about the design, it was never used. and btw, you wanted to do port on the top, yeah, that would have failed miserably in mwspl. just and fyi for your future skams. dustin is a scammer and a horrible person to deal with. he eats babies and loves to ride small black children around so he doesnt have to walk. he is actually kevin from skar.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:42 PM
You're also talking about a small truck to a large truck. You have to remember that cabin size and other difference will affect how it performs. Just because a ranger liked one thing does not mean a S10 or full size will like the same.

The other perk of subs forward is the ability to slim down the depth of the enclosure some as well...helps if you like to have your seat back a bit.

MOST trucks, not all, peak the lowest subs up port up center

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:43 PM
MOST trucks, not all, peak the lowest subs up port up center

That is not true, most like subs/port down more then anything.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:44 PM
That is not true, most like subs/port down more then anything.
I can pee farther than you.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:44 PM
im talking about the fact that you cannot come at me about strength when you cannot properly draw the joints on an enclosure. I dont care about the design, it was never used. and btw, you wanted to do port on the top, yeah, that would have failed miserably in mwspl. just and fyi for your future skams. dustin is a scammer and a horrible person to deal with. he eats babies and loves to ride small black children around so he doesnt have to walk. he is actually kevin from skar.

I don't remember what org it was designed for, but I do know the port at the top was the better option, there was even a thread where snoop and I discussed it.

As for the joints, it was designed and would have worked 100% fine. I have said this many times now.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:46 PM
I don't remember what org it was designed for, but I do know the port at the top was the better option, there was even a thread where snoop and I discussed it.

As for the joints, it was designed and would have worked 100% fine. I have said this many times now.

ok... lmao the goal of mwspl is to create pressure on one side of the vehicle. which a top port will not do.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:48 PM
ok... lmao the goal of mwspl is to create pressure on one side of the vehicle. which a top port will not do.

I would have to look through emails to see what we discussed. I just remember what ever you told me port at the top was what I suggested for your application.

splwj47
01-22-2013, 11:50 PM
look at all the post dumping. and by a mod to. cool story fegs.

RangerDangerV2
01-22-2013, 11:50 PM
I would have to look through emails to see what we discussed. I just remember what ever you told me port at the top was what I suggested for your application.

and I ASKED if you could do port center or port to the side. not demanded.

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 11:52 PM
and I ASKED if you could do port center or port to the side. not demanded.

I told you the truth..then you told me what you wanted after I informed of what I thought.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

look at all the post dumping. and by a mod to. cool story fegs.

This is true, ranger take to the dome if you want to keep up this convo...other wise leave this thread to the OP and his questions.