PDA

View Full Version : need help with box design for 2 10" ssa dcons

oakteg21
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi all im new to the forun but im in disparate need of help for some one to help make a box design for my 2 10" ssa dcon subs that are coming in today. They will be going into a 2000 acura integra hatchback so im looking for the design to be subs up port back max dimensions i could use are HxWxD 13"x28"x22" tuned to 32hz hope someone cab help me thanks.

Tenacious
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
If you're building it yourself, RE's box calculator should give you a pretty easy design to build. Just make sure to get plenty of port area

pro-rabbit
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Don't use the RE calc, horribly inaccurate.

You could do subs/port up in your car as well and have some very good results.

oakteg21
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM

how about this i was playing with the torres calc. check and advice please thanks.

oakteg21
01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
since im going to be using my hifonics brz1700.1d amp on this on a 2 ohm load according to amp subs would be looking at about 1200rms i know this would be way to much power but with a smaller enclosure i know the subs would be able to take a bit more power so check this one out to and let me know which would work better keeping in mine the amp i will be using of course being careful with the gain.

oakteg21
01-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Help please someone?

Buck
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Hi all im new to the forun but im in disparate need of help for some one to help make a box design for my 2 10" ssa dcon subs that are coming in today. They will be going into a 2000 acura integra hatchback so im looking for the design to be subs up port back max dimensions i could use are HxWxD 13"x28"x22" tuned to 32hz hope someone cab help me thanks.

I have had very good luck with subs up port up all at the rear of the vehicle, with the port in between the 2 woofers.

NoKings
01-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I have had very good luck with subs up port up all at the rear of the vehicle, with the port in between the 2 woofers.

More so than sub up/port back? I'm not doubting you being I know jack about enclosures (relatively speaking), I'm just curious being I have a 99 Integra hatch and I've been back and forth with my builder on which setup would benefit me more. I built my current box from the free plans for a single oa12 and I have it sub back/port back. I acquired a second oa12 a few days ago and, SORRY OP NOT TRYING TO THREADJACK, but I just can't determine which way I want to go with a dual sub setup either.

Buck
01-24-2013, 06:01 PM
More so than sub up/port back? I'm not doubting you being I know jack about enclosures (relatively speaking), I'm just curious being I have a 99 Integra hatch and I've been back and forth with my builder on which setup would benefit me more. I built my current box from the free plans for a single oa12 and I have it sub back/port back. I acquired a second oa12 a few days ago and, SORRY OP NOT TRYING TO THREADJACK, but I just can't determine which way I want to go with a dual sub setup either.

It's surprising. We did it for space reasons originally (could have more depth without worrying about port facing rear) but it wound up performing very well. We had it in a 88 supra, 99 sc 300, and now a celica, performs amazing in all of them.