PDA

View Full Version : Which JBL Components are Best?

SeniorXJ
01-18-2013, 06:13 AM
Ok so ive been shopping & reading my brains out on getting a new pair of 6.5" components & ive been eye balling the JBL line & comparing there pricing. The simple question is, out of these 3, which is the best in SQ & loudness without distortion: the JBL P660C, JBL MS-62C, or JBL GTO609C??
The reason im confused is cause the 660C seem to get the best reviews & people reporting "concert loudness" with no distortion, but on some sights, there priced the lowest which generally means a lower line of speakers. The GTO's are at the top of this list but seem to get mixed reviews.

Your help is appreciated!
Thanks!

marc2112
01-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Try to get some old GTi comps. They are the best sq speakers made by JBL. I have the 608GTi that I don't use but I'll never get rid of them.

SeniorXJ
01-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Try to get some old GTi comps. They are the best sq speakers made by JBL. I have the 608GTi that I don't use but I'll never get rid of them.

The 608gti's are both out of my price range & are just to big for the location. I really just wanna know the simple answer to which is best out of the 3 models i listed.
Thanks!

trumpet
01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
JBL's MS line is their best now for sound quality. They have the best technology passed down from their Pro Audio division. If your priority is more to staying clear while the volume is cranked to ear bleeding levels it looks to me like the P660C set would have the edge over MS-62C. That's going off the descriptions on the JBL web site, not personal experience.

neo_styles
01-18-2013, 12:00 PM
I agree with trumpet. The MS series comps are very detailed, but don't expect them to roll with a couple 15s unless you're going active and have some serious power to push to the midbass. If you're going to be cranking your system, go with the P660C. Just keep in mind they're 2-ohm speakers so set your gains accordingly and make sure you have the power you want to drive to them. I wouldn't consider the GTO unless you need back fill and then only as coaxials.

neo_styles
01-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree with trumpet. The MS series comps are very detailed, but don't expect them to roll with a couple 15s unless you're going active and have some serious power to push to the midbass. If you're going to be cranking your system, go with the P660C. Just keep in mind they're 2-ohm speakers so set your gains accordingly and make sure you have the power you want to drive to them. I wouldn't consider the GTO unless you need back fill and then only as coaxials.

SeniorXJ
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Ok so ive decided on getting the power series P660C components & JBL's P662 coaxials for rear fill to complement them & will set them up in passive to start off with. Can anyone reccomend a good 4-channel amp for this setup as im updating all of my system & dont feel my lanzar MXA422's are clean or powerful enough.

Thanks for all the replies & input so far!!

SeniorXJ
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Ok so ive decided on getting the power series P660C components & JBL's P662 coaxials for rear fill to complement them & will set them up in passive to start off with. Can anyone reccomend a good 4-channel amp for this setup as im updating all of my system & dont feel my lanzar MXA422's are clean or powerful enough.

trumpet
01-19-2013, 12:06 PM

I know you've been recommended the PPI P900.4 and that is also my recommendation, not just because I sell them. They make rated power and they're very efficient and fairly compact as well. I can also get you the JBL speakers if you haven't bought them yet.

SeniorXJ
01-19-2013, 02:48 PM
I know you've been recommended the PPI P900.4 and that is also my recommendation, not just because I sell them. They make rated power and they're very efficient and fairly compact as well. I can also get you the JBL speakers if you haven't bought them yet.

Ok so what would ur pricing be on the PPI amp, 660 components, & the 662 coaxials??

*Note, ud have to beat Sonics pricing!

marleyskater420
01-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Ok so what would ur pricing be on the PPI amp, 660 components, & the 662 coaxials??

Ive bought from Trumpet, and he has amazing customer service. If he doesn't have the answer, he will take the time out of his day to research it and get it for you. That is worth a lot in my book.

Anyone call sell you speakers. Takes a person invested in. *your* enjoyment to really ensure you have the best results with them.

marleyskater420
01-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Ive bought from Trumpet, and he has amazing customer service. If he doesn't have the answer, he will take the time out of his day to research it and get it for you. That is worth a lot in my book.

Anyone call sell you speakers. Takes a person invested in. *your* enjoyment to really ensure you have the best results with them.

trumpet
01-19-2013, 09:34 PM

I don't have anything against SonicElectronix.com personally, as I've heard they're run by very nice people, but I cannot and will not price match them. Actually, I do currently match them on the PPI P1000.1 amplifier, but to do that I had to take advantage of a 1-time holiday special. I certainly can't beat their prices. What they call this in the industry is the "Race to Zero Profits". That's bad for business.

As marleyskater420 was so kind to mention, what I add as value to the sale is personal attention that you get good products that will hopefully exceed your expectations. I would be happy to get you a price quote, but it won't blow your mind if you only look at the dollars and cents.

trumpet
01-19-2013, 09:35 PM

I don't have anything against SonicElectronix.com personally, as I've heard they're run by very nice people, but I cannot and will not price match them. Actually, I do currently match them on the PPI P1000.1 amplifier, but to do that I had to take advantage of a 1-time holiday special. I certainly can't beat their prices. What they call this in the industry is the "Race to Zero Profits". That's bad for business.

As marleyskater420 was so kind to mention, what I add as value to the sale is personal attention that you get good products that will hopefully exceed your expectations. I would be happy to get you a price quote, but it won't blow your mind if you only look at the dollars and cents.