PDA

View Full Version : 3 to 4 12" W7 subs in crew cab Sierra box help.

DumpinDenali
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
I want to buy 4 12" w7s each with a 1000 watt amp. I have a crew can Denali and plan in doing a large center console box going from between drivers seat to the back of the cab. I will be taking out the rear middle seat. Can this be done? Could I have it be ported? Anyone don this? Just an idea but I really want to build on it.

frogcase2002
01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
You can but there is ALOT to think about. What's the reason for the w7s? Do you have a high ontput alt. Batts. What kinda wire you plan on running?

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Alot better subs out there for the money

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Also what are the goals of this build?

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-17-2013, 10:41 AM
1000 watts on all 4????

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

correction, Why not get like a good 3k for them?

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
1000 watts on all 4????

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

correction, Why not get like a good 3k for them?
he said a 1k amp each

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Just saw that.. Why have 4 separtate amps?

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Just saw that.. Why have 4 separtate amps?

Bc thats what ppl who want to run w7.s in the first place do ..they put a jl 1000/1 on everything

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Hahaha waste of money

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Hahaha waste of money

Extreme ..well wait to see wat he wants out of this maybe we can help him

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Extreme ..well wait to see wat he wants out of this maybe we can help him

Sell him your DDs man..

southernboom88
01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
yes, it could be done. but **** your about to drop some serious cash on that! HO alt, batts, wires, couple grand in amps, couple more grand in subs, custom box and plz tell me you are planning to deaden the vehicle... wish i had money to **** away like dat! anyway, search around on this forum and i think your mind may be changed on the brand you want.. guessing thats all you have been exposed too?? many great brands for less money and same output.

destined2race
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Lots of hating trolls on this site... Its always sundown blah blah blah. Do what you want. They always come in to talk **** about JL and half the time they never even help the OP.

Ive seen a few installs like that, I think theres a build on here with a similiar setup in a F150 or sumn.

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Sell him your DDs man..

Someone needs to buy them where else u gona get perfect dd3512.s for 200 a pop ..drive ur azz over n get.em

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Lots of hating trolls on this site... Its always sundown blah blah blah. Do what you want. They always come in to talk **** about JL and half the time they never even help the OP.

Ive seen a few installs like that, I think theres a build on here with a similiar setup in a F150 or sumn.

I always help in any way i can no matter what nuthugging or popular brand the op wants to use but theres jus alot more bang for the buck than a bunch of w7.s and 1000/1 .s

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
But seeing this is is fist post chances are the loudest setup he has heard or seen is w7.s and doesnt know theres a broad market beyond the mainstream

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
**** you dude haha get the hell off here destined2race;

destined2race
01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I always help in any way i can no matter what nuthugging or popular brand the op wants to use but theres jus alot more bang for the buck than a bunch of w7.s and 1000/1 .s

But you have no idea what he could even get them for. And maybe then he has local warranty and everything. Alot of people dont want to have to deal with shipping **** everytime theres an issue. I got my w7 new with warranty local for dealer cost. And Ill never ship the thing or wait weeks for emails, etc.

Ive seen threads and seen first hand with **** like Skar, DD, etc. ( case in point the multiple threads "do not by Skar"

I posted in another thread how my buddy has been waiting 6 months for his repaired 15 from a "local" DD seller.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

**** you dude haha get the hell off here destined2race;

Your such a troll gtfo you just got here in April lol. Again youve offered no help this isnt the Dome you dbag.

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
But you have no idea what he could even get them for. And maybe then he has local warranty and everything. Alot of people dont want to have to deal with shipping **** everytime theres an issue. I got my w7 new with warranty local for dealer cost. And Ill never ship the thing or wait weeks for emails, etc.

Ive seen threads and seen first hand with **** like Skar, DD, etc. ( case in point the multiple threads "do not by Skar"

I posted in another thread how my buddy has been waiting 6 months for his repaired 15 from a "local" DD seller.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Your such a troll gtfo you just got here in April lol. Again youve offered no help this isnt the Dome you dbag.

True he might only have a few local mainstream dealers but he deserves to get some options out there and if he picks the right setup and proper install he wont need warranty...i understand what your saying .

destined2race
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
True he might only have a few local mainstream dealers but he deserves to get some options out there and if he picks the right setup and proper install he wont need warranty...i understand what your saying .

Exactly, im not saying JL is the best or his best option. The Jl trash talking when someone just wanted some input is just beyond old to me. I know theres good people on here that will simply give him options for what hes looking for and thats it.

NASTY08IMPALA
01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
From the sounds of it hes wanting a 150+ substage we need a lot of.info..if hes picked jl his.budget must be high but he needs to know theres another 1k or so just in electrical upgrades

DumpinDenali
01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
okay i knew there would be a couple jl audio haters, but i know they cost alot. My uncle can get me them locally for almost $400 off because hes super into my truck. i know w7s are loud, ive heard just 1 8" one and i was impressed. My main goal is to not lose more than 1 seat. I also do not want to use the bed at all for a blowthrough. For sound, I want it to be LOUD. but with loudness i want quality subs, subs that can hit lows and almostt flex the truck. Now if you have any other subs that you think i should look into (L7, champions, etc) let me know im open to ideas. im personally impressed with the w7 and i would not look into buying them unless it was at a discount. now on the other hand i could also go with 3 13.5 inch W7's running off of 3 of the HD 1200.1 watt amps. BUT ive heard subs sound better if all run off the same amp. so what amp can power 3 1500 rms subs? anyone have any experience doing this type of center console box?

DumpinDenali
01-17-2013, 02:37 PM
one more thing about the brands. ive heard lots of different kinds. Perhaps there are better subs than JL. I know there are louder ones. ive heard 2 kicker solo x 18,s running on 5000 watts each. ive heard rockford fosgate. ive heard pioneer subs. JL just sounded the clearest to me and in the ported box specially designed by JL auido, it was an amazing 13 inch sub. but although i want SPL, i want to maintain some sound quality as well. I plan on deadening the whole vehicle. think of money not being an issue. because im sort of nuts with trucks and audio and i dump lots of money into it. however, i am smart so help me out bros

Mboyle1145
01-17-2013, 02:43 PM
There are some big amps to run those subs just pricey. Digital Design, Dc audio, B2 just your preference. Are you downfiring the box ? Im Guessing ported?

mclerico83
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
dude get hand built american subs for the price of the w7, to be jl's best sub is the w6 on a sq note but as a spl sub that sounds good the w7 is ehhhh.

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store (http://store.ficaraudio.com/q12/)

4 of these and be done, hand machined motors and built to order. :)

Mboyle1145
01-17-2013, 02:47 PM
fI is a better option than JL IMO.

DumpinDenali
01-17-2013, 02:47 PM
ive been talking to my guy scott who builds boxes. he said i should run 3 13.5 w7s. starting from the front of the cab there would be 2 downfiring and the last 1 in the back between the rear seats would be facing upwards. so downfiring would be nice.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 02:49 PM
one more thing about the brands. ive heard lots of different kinds. Perhaps there are better subs than JL. I know there are louder ones. ive heard 2 kicker solo x 18,s running on 5000 watts each. ive heard rockford fosgate. ive heard pioneer subs. JL just sounded the clearest to me and in the ported box specially designed by JL auido, it was an amazing 13 inch sub. but although i want SPL, i want to maintain some sound quality as well. I plan on deadening the whole vehicle. think of money not being an issue. because im sort of nuts with trucks and audio and i dump lots of money into it. however, i am smart so help me out bros

My suggestion would just be to read around here for a week or two then decide what you want to do... That's a big build that is going to take a lot of install knowledge...

SomeguyinPDX
01-17-2013, 02:53 PM

To give you good solid advice and options it would help to know how big your budget is. I find its easier to break things down into sections such as Electrical upgrades, Deadening, Sub stage, Front Stage, HU & Processing and so on. This makes things more manageable and less confusing. Do yourself a favor, since you are planning a pretty heavy sub stage do your electrical upgrades first and deadener if funds allow.

Also I think after doing some research you will find out that there are no car audio manufactures out there that make the best of everything. You will soon realize that some companies excel at certain products. For example: Hertz has some awesome high end components but they are not known for building beefy sub amps. Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood make good HU's but I would never run their amps on a substage.

Mboyle1145
01-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Downfired gets down. I would downfire all the subs and have a hidden clean install. I know you said you had a box guy but i would contact Double 07 off here. He can help with a box that would be loud as hell.

mclerico83
01-17-2013, 02:54 PM
SSD12 - Fi Car Audio Store (http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd12/)

i would even do 4 fi ssd's on a 4k amp over 4 amps on 4 w7's anyday

TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-658 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=293-658&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D)
also another sub i would grab over the w7 amazing sound quality and can get loud 4 dual 2 ohm subs would give you a 1 ohm load

good 4-5k amp on

BC5500D - Crescendo Audio | Online Store (http://store.crescendoaudio.com/bc5500d/)
AQ3500D.1 Amplifier (http://www.soundqubed.com/AQ3500D1-Amplifier_p_32.html)
sick deal on these clearouts since they changed their name

New American Bass VFL 450 1 Amp 4300 Watts Class D Mono Amplifier Huge Bass | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-American-Bass-VFL-450-1-AMP-4300-Watts-Class-D-Mono-Amplifier-HUGE-BASS-/170893821743?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item27ca10c72f)

Cadence ZRS C7 14 000W Peak Competition Mono Car Amplifier 24 DB Crossover Amp 812902007397 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadence-Zrs-C7-14-000w-Peak-Competition-Mono-Car-Amplifier-24-Db-Crossover-Amp-/390507735507?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5aec1329d3&vxp=mtr)
also a sick amazing deal, get this bad boy if you go with the 4 fi q's

I would talk to mylows10 ; he knows a lot about setups. i know he had some records and he is an authorized dealer of a lot of companies including mmats one of my favorite. if you want a top notch system mmats would be my choice. he can make you a complete setup with warranty to your door check him out.

mclerico83
01-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Mmats 3000 1 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mmats-3000-1-/251204779203?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3a7cf8bcc3)

heres a mmats amp 3k in a small effecient package like you never seen lol

Imtjnotu
01-17-2013, 03:03 PM
W7 is a 12 year old sub....why dont people realize this already

DumpinDenali
01-17-2013, 06:25 PM
the w7 is an old sub but they patented it enough so they dont really need to change it... tell me what you guys think of RE audio and FI audio. those two kind of interest me. alot of people tell me not to go with JL but instead go with SunDown Audio? whats so great aabout this brand?

wickedwitt
01-17-2013, 06:34 PM
the w7 is an old sub but they patented it enough so they dont really need to change it... tell me what you guys think of RE audio and FI audio. those two kind of interest me. alot of people tell me not to go with JL but instead go with SunDown Audio? whats so great aabout this brand?

If you want clean and loud, do Fi instead of RE or JL. Patented has nothing to do with them needing to change. Technology in general has made leaps and bounds in 12 years, don't you think the sub should have changed some in that time?

As far as one of your earlier posts, where you stated you want it loud, loud enough to almost shake the truck... Look at my sig. 2 15s, and it absolutely wrecks the truck. With 3 layers of Dynamat Extreme all the way around. Foam in the floor.

If you take some of these guys advice, you can find 3-4000w for not bad and get 4 12s that will absolutely demolish the truck. You will be one of the loudest in the area and be proud of yourself for not having went with the known.

I'm fortunate, I get to deal with "mainsteam" audio companies w/ warranty through my local shop and still pay internet prices. Most people aren't that lucky. Look at plenty of the vendors on here that sell good equipment at a reasonable price and stand behind what they sell.

frogcase2002
01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Look into the ssa zcon if your wanting to get loud and alot cheaper than w7s retail

Tenacious
01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Like everyone else has said, look into brands other than JL. I know you've said they're the loudest you've heard, but I wouldn't recommend any of the subs you've said you've personally heard.

Read around the site for at least a week to educate yourself about car audio in general before you do anything. You'll want to do it right the first time.

DumpinDenali
01-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Ok so weve come to the conlusion of putting in 3 13.5 jl audio subwoofers. We plan on creating the box with the subs downfiring for the two front subs and the rear one will be inverted so inbetween the two back seats there will be the subs motor and stuff showing. each powered by a HD 1200.1 amp. We are also considering making the box fiberglass.