PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to PHD Audiophile Systems

PHD - USA
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, here is a description to give you an idea of what PHD is all about.

PHD Audiophile Sound Systems has been producing handcrafted Italian automotive audio products for nearly 20 years.
These “instruments” replicate the splendor, style and allure of Italy, with perfect sonic precision.
The maximum in style, sound quality and precision are what we produce, we will not settle for less - why should you?
The futuristic materials used to handcraft our components are the most advanced available - some we have created ourselves!
We do not follow trends: we set them!
Our line of products renew our dedication to style and design and the instrument precision whilst advancing in materials, technology, and capability.
These are the reasons why our products are unique and probably the finest in the world.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-16-2013, 07:56 PM
About time!

AxT4430
01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Will you be listing your product line? Or should we all go to PHD audio?

Bettr n' Revrse
01-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Will you be listing your product line? Or should we all go to PHD audio?

Here is a link to the site so you can go through the lines. There is more available then what is on the site such as Coaxials, Neo's, and Studio models so if you dont see something feel free to ask.

http://www.phd.it/welcome_to/index.asp

groundpound4200
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Am I the only one that saw the title and got dyslexic and read "pedophile systems"?

T.I.K.
01-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Good to have you! I hope you get a lot of business through the forum!

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Am I the only one that saw the title and got dyslexic and read "pedophile systems"?

Lulz

OnYrMrk
01-17-2013, 03:00 PM
PHD Will NOT be sold ONLINE for the time being. Just for your information. Calls have been made to Italy to confirm the rights to such, but so far, no online sales has been approved, therefore if someone wants to know what product is available, they can go towww.phd.it (http://www.phd.it). Also, There will be no transshipping. The dealer network is building fast, so if there isn't someone in your area, rest assured, a dealer will be soon.

PHD - USA
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
PHD Will NOT be sold ONLINE for the time being. Just for your information. Calls have been made to Italy to confirm the rights to such, but so far, no online sales has been approved, therefore if someone wants to know what product is available, they can go towww.phd.it (http://www.phd.it). Also, There will be no transshipping. The dealer network is building fast, so if there isn't someone in your area, rest assured, a dealer will be soon.

I'm sorry, but you are absolutely wrong and I have documents on PHD letterhead authorizing online forum sales. Please refrain from posting here again and feel free to contact me via pm.

T.I.K.
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry, but you are absolutely wrong and I have documents on PHD letterhead authorizing online forum sales. Please refrain from posting here again and feel free to contact me via pm.
you've got professionalism oozing out of your bald little head.

p.s. if I sell enough drugs up at school, I am buying a set of FB's

av83
01-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Sweet, yooz haz a forum now. That means you can officially sellz da forum bonurz, right? lol

Looking good, Geoff. These are going to be flying off the shelves once a few more people hear them in person.

PHD - USA
01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Sweet, yooz haz a forum now. That means you can officially sellz da forum bonurz, right? lol

Looking good, Geoff. These are going to be flying off the shelves once a few more people hear them in person.

I agree lol. Once I get West to post his review though he vowed to never come back, he will do it for me haha, and rebelfromva, that should help out a bit. I will also be posting my own review of the AF 1.c tweeter in not too long =]

OmegaBunny
01-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Geoff or Payton...hit me up again with pricing info.

T.I.K.
01-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I agree lol. Once I get West to post his review though he vowed to never come back, he will do it for me haha, and rebelfromva, that should help out a bit. I will also be posting my own review of the AF 1.c tweeter in not too long =]
You should do a distance test as well, those always get people excited.

PHD - USA
01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Geoff or Payton...hit me up again with pricing info.

How about you give me a call tomorrow or Saturday, I have to talk to you about that =P

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I could spraypaint sundown on it also, maybe that would help.

T.I.K.
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
How about you give me a call tomorrow or Saturday, I have to talk to you about that =P

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I could spraypaint sundown on it also, maybe that would help.
Sold.

rebelfromva
01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Going to take the doors apart once this weather clears up. Hopefully the videos I take do this 3 way set justice.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Going to take the doors apart once this weather clears up. Hopefully the videos I take do this 3 way set justice.

Ill be interested to see that

rebelfromva
01-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Ill be interested to see that

On the lookout for a good set of amps to matchup with these speakers too

OmegaBunny
01-17-2013, 04:43 PM

I will. We have a Dr. Appt tomorrow to find out if we are having a boy or girl and we are out of town on Saturday shopping but I will find time to call you at some point lol.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Maybe some more Italian?

av83
01-17-2013, 04:49 PM

I'd like to handle this one, if no one else minds. Doesn't really prove much other than that they'll get stupid loud and clear... Well, Ok, I guess it proves something, lol. Anyways, I have a very healthy amount of power going to my doors with these fb6.1pro's run active.

I just need the right song... Suggestions?

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd like to handle this one, if no one else minds. Doesn't really prove much other than that they'll get stupid loud and clear... Well, Ok, I guess it proves something, lol. Anyways, I have a very healthy amount of power going to my doors with these fb6.1pro's run active.

By all means get one it! lol

rebelfromva
01-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Masconi comes to mind. Have a few others in mind too. I'm really like that Zuki on caco.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Masconi comes to mind. Have a few others in mind too. I'm really like that Zuki on caco.

What about a ZED?

T.I.K.
01-17-2013, 04:59 PM

Tomorrow comes today - Gorillaz

that's a mid bass workout for any front stage.

rebelfromva
01-17-2013, 05:00 PM
What about a ZED?

If I had the money right now an order for the leviathan 3 would be placed lol

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 05:01 PM
If I had the money right now an order for the leviathan 3 would be placed lol

Have you talked to Vertex I guess he has some good prices on them?

OnYrMrk
01-17-2013, 05:16 PM

PM Sent...

xShoWTeKx
01-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Tomorrow comes today - Gorillaz

that's a mid bass workout for any front stage.

Gorillaz period, like almost every one of there songs have ridiculous mid bass.

Another big one that comes to mind though would be Bill Murray.

T.I.K.
01-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Gorillaz period, like almost every one of there songs have ridiculous mid bass.

Another big one that comes to mind though would be Bill Murray.
hell yeah, that whole D-sides album has some good songs and some pretty good remixes too. I love gorillaz

bhsdriller
01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Have you talked to Vertex I guess he has some good prices on them?

got my draconia from him for a nice price

Bettr n' Revrse
01-17-2013, 05:47 PM
got my draconia from him for a nice price

I would have went ZED but it wouldnt fit in the spare tire well like the MMATS

Chuki_Silvia
07-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Hey, I was hoping you could give me some information on the PHD "art" series of amplifiers? Is that entry level or something better? I have the option to buy one pretty cheap I was just wondering if I'm getting a steal or just a decent buy.

PHD - USA
07-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Hey, I was hoping you could give me some information on the PHD "art" series of amplifiers? Is that entry level or something better? I have the option to buy one pretty cheap I was just wondering if I'm getting a steal or just a decent buy.

PHD never had an "Art series" amplifier. You might be thinking of PPI

Chuki_Silvia
07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I would never confuse any other amp with a legend like that.

I'm thinking it's one of those different area market things, or the more likely scenario of them calling it the wrong name. I have this issue buying stuff from Japan all the time. He is saying it's a PHD "ART2075". Here's what I remember: 2ch, single 30 amp fuse, grey case with PHD logo engraved on an other wise smooth, kind of shiny top. Heatsinks all the way down the two sides, power and speaker terminals are pretty basic and on the same side as each other. There is a matching "ART4060" that I can get with it, I guessing it's pretty similar but a 4ch

I'm really sorry I don't have a pic to make the Identification easy, I'm just going by what I remember. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuki_Silvia
07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh! and while your at it....haha, My friends has a had a set of oval PHD speakers sitting in his shop for a decade or so. If I remember right they are 6x9's. I think they were the stock speakers he pulled from a Ferrari (I'm not sure it's just I don't know where the hell else they could have came from, they were the first PHD product I had ever seen and I remember him saying they were sometimes OEM for Ferrari) . They sound pretty good, but he wants about $150 for the pair. I'm sure he is just made that price up, but it was hard to convince him to sell them, let alone talk him down. I would just be buying them to match that amp, but I don't really like oval speakers in general. Can I eventually resell them for that if I decide to go a different route?

PHD - USA
07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I would never confuse any other amp with a legend like that.

I'm thinking it's one of those different area market things, or the more likely scenario of them calling it the wrong name. I have this issue buying stuff from Japan all the time. He is saying it's a PHD "ART2075". Here's what I remember: 2ch, single 30 amp fuse, grey case with PHD logo engraved on an other wise smooth, kind of shiny top. Heatsinks all the way down the two sides, power and speaker terminals are pretty basic and on the same side as each other. There is a matching "ART4060" that I can get with it, I guessing it's pretty similar but a 4ch

I'm really sorry I don't have a pic to make the Identification easy, I'm just going by what I remember. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hmmmm lol I know there has been a 4060 made by PHD for a while. I have never heard of it being called the Art Series before. If you can, get some pictures.

Oh! and while your at it....haha, My friends has a had a set of oval PHD speakers sitting in his shop for a decade or so. If I remember right they are 6x9's. I think they were the stock speakers he pulled from a Ferrari (I'm not sure it's just I don't know where the hell else they could have came from, they were the first PHD product I had ever seen and I remember him saying they were sometimes OEM for Ferrari) . They sound pretty good, but he wants about $150 for the pair. I'm sure he is just made that price up, but it was hard to convince him to sell them, let alone talk him down. I would just be buying them to match that amp, but I don't really like oval speakers in general. Can I eventually resell them for that if I decide to go a different route?

They do OEM for ferrari, but I doubt you could sell them for $150.

Chuki_Silvia
07-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Maybe my friend in Japan got it right after all....after 5 minutes on google image search with the search term "PHD 4060 amp" I can't one singular link where these amps are NOT listed as "ART 2075" or "ART 4060". Not that I really care mind you. Whatever it's called, is $200 or so a good deal for either one in used, 9 out of 10 condition?

I think the pic is of the 2ch but the 4ch is just slightly larger.

PHD - USA
07-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Maybe my friend in Japan got it right after all....after 5 minutes on google image search with the search term "PHD 4060 amp" I can't one singular link where these amps are NOT listed as "ART 2075" or "ART 4060". Not that I really care mind you. Whatever it's called, is $200 or so a good deal for either one in used, 9 out of 10 condition?

I think the pic is of the 2ch but the 4ch is just slightly larger.

It must be an older line, I really only have knowledge of their most recent line of amps, The US hasn't had any of those amps come into the market unless imported by an individual.

ewoevo
10-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Has anybody had a chance to use and or review the PHD amps?

PHD - USA
10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
The only one that is available for purchase right now is the mono, the others are out of stock, but the mono does extremely well.