PDA

View Full Version : New Kid On The Block

JacoRymer
01-13-2013, 01:51 AM
I'm very green with all of this car audio. So far in my "system" all i have is a 12'' shallow mount Pioneer sub rated 250 W rms that came preloaded in a box with a Pioneer amp rated 200 W rms. In the doors, i have 4'' street edge Memphis speakers. The head unit is a Pioneer. And that's it. It's a work in progress. I'm using the low pass filter on the amp powering the sub and i'm pleased with the bass it's producing. I'm trying to improve the volume of the music other than the bass. I'm putting some bass blockers on the 4" speakers which will make them more clear at a higher volume, right?? My question is, would i be better off running another amp to some midrange speakers to get enough volume or will the bass blockers work magic and get me the clarity and volume i need? Another thing is that all of this is going into a Nissan pickup w/o an extended cab so space is very limited. The midrange speakers would have to go behind the seat if that's an issue. What is the best solution? Any suggestions are deeply appreciated. And like I said, I'm new at this. Sorry if my audio lingo is off lol.

05fronty
01-13-2013, 05:36 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/756234/new-kids-on-the-block-this-ones-for-the-303510_zpscf74aaa0.jpg
welcome

UnderFire
01-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Bass blockers = Passive Crossovers, just for future reference. They might already have crossovers in them, I know every 4" speaker I used did. The best way to add sound to your truck would be a 2 Channel amp and a 3-Way Component system (6.5" Midwoofer, 4" Midrange, 1" Tweeter, all separate) You'd have to do some modification to add the 6.5" and tweeter, but in the end it's worth it.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Or just two ways

Thumpersplbassx
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Welcome

JacoRymer
01-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Bass blockers = Passive Crossovers, just for future reference. They might already have crossovers in them, I know every 4" speaker I used did. The best way to add sound to your truck would be a 2 Channel amp and a 3-Way Component system (6.5" Midwoofer, 4" Midrange, 1" Tweeter, all separate) You'd have to do some modification to add the 6.5" and tweeter, but in the end it's worth it.

Sweet thanks. Helped a lot.