PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted...

Trevor28139
01-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I smoked one of my 10's the other day, pretty sure it was user error because the other 3 are fine. fine I was unable to find a rebuild kit not a replacement so I decided to use the 4 MMATS 12's that I have.

I like sound quality over SPL but I still like it loud. I was almost happy with the 4 10's on the MMATS 1400.1. the picture below is a graphic I whipped up this morning to show what I have in mind. Nothing ground breaking by any means but I think the final product will look cool and it should be semi loud and yet still clean enough for SQ with the subs turned way down.

it is using 4 MMATS PRO 12's, powered by MMATS 1400.1, will put in a 250 amp alt, and add another battery giving me a total of 3 batts. The box is a 4th order, 1.5 cubes per sub undivided. and 12 cubes vent tuned @ 45hz. I think, hope, that will give me the best of the lows, as well as the high freq as well. Additionally I can build the box in way that will allow me to expand the system up to 2 more times, by simply building a 2 and 3rd enclosure and stacking them behind one another. technically shared airspace would be louder but 4 subs in each enclosure for a total of 12 eventually would give me some time to be happy, and get bored, then expand and repeat that process for some time.

Ford Expedition
Proposed Design
Current Build

Trevor28139
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
after running through the numbers i am finding that i am very limited on the vent size. Would like to have it about 4 inches smaller than that enclosure on all sides....

box dimensions 60 wide, 18 tall, 23 deep =12 cubes.

to tune that at 45-50hz i will have to have the port 26x5x5. Cant really go deep with the vent because it would hit the subs if i go too deep......
attached is the more realistic portrayal what what it would look like which is no where near as good looking as the previous. Anyone have a way around this please let me know