PDA

View Full Version : Bandpass T line questions....help a man out

Jroo
01-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I know some of you have seen these and a few used one. I have an old design for a 1508 and the guy that did mine is no longer or answering emails. I have been asking around about T lines for SA8s earlier, and gathering all the info I can get and find on the line portion. I have the math close enough to get the line right, but have a few questions about the bandpass/sealed section. The biggest thing I was told to get it right was "design the subs to be in a sealed box, use a program like WINISD or Bass box to find the box Q- peak freq, and work on a quarter wave line from there." So basically get the sealed portion and just do the line length off that. So quick question folks!

1) Anyone modeled or can model a SA8 and know the box Q- peak freq? I need somebody to help me out on the sealed section size? After I have that and the sealed size so I can do the line after.

Anyone please care to help a lost in the sauce man out?

Jroo
01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
almost a 100 views and not a peep out of anyone? I know somebody can help me...I hope?

butterMilk
01-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Wish I could help ya but I can't. Im sure eventually someone with some knowledge will come along. Good luck!

The_Grimy_One
01-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Hit up Mobil Enclosures. He knows ungodly information on things like this.

Jroo
01-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah, Ive reached out to a couple of people/designers but havent heard any replies back. I emailed Jacob at Sundown and he said the best place to start would be 0.30 sealed for the 8". I think I will just start there and copy the design I have for the 1508.